when I attempt to use backup assistant pkus I receice the message "provisioning failed, invalid state"
klsouth
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am attempting to restore my contacts from a previous S4 to my replacement one (S4). I keep getting the message "provisioning failed, invalid state" Help please!

Re: when I attempt to use backup assistant pkus I receice the message "provisioning failed, invalid state"
B33
Legend

Instead of Using Back Up Assistant you might Try Google set up with Google is whole easier..

0 Likes
Re: when I attempt to use backup assistant pkus I receice the message "provisioning failed, invalid state"
klsouth
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you B33 for the suggestion. I did that last night however it doesn't have my contacts from the cloud.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well that's disadvantage of using one process from another it Tends to do that.   I've used it the Google method for the last 5 years and it makes to me much easier Transfer's but if your use to B.U.A and it works well for ya then it might be best to switch back, One thing I'll add if you have a Google account you can go onto Gmail on your Computer and on the Online site you can see your contacts and you can Update or totally change your contacts and as soon as your done and you tell the system your Finished it will update your phone..

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is the new S4 currently activated on your account, and fully functional?  Is the old one turned off?  Can yo see your contacts online through your MyVerizon account? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SuzyQ, thanks for helping us support klsouth with steps on how to sync contacts on the new device. Click http://vz.to/1lQod67 and select Restore Contact to retreive the steps on how to upload contacts from Backup Assistant, Backup Assistant Plus, or Verizon Cloud.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport