vz Protect not working
JOEOR

The vz protect app on my Samsung S4 stopped working. I agree to the terms and conditions but get "Internal error accessing data. Please try again later." I have tried numerous times over the past weeks with the same result. How do I fix this?

0 Likes
Re: vz Protect not working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JOEOR, we want this to work for you. Which make/model phone do you have? Are you connected to our data network or Wi-Fi when you have this issue.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JOEOR

My phone is a Samsung S4 model SCH-I545. I am usually connected to WiFi. I did disable my phone Wifi and tried will on a 3G network. My network connection is fine. Same problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let’s keep working towards a solution for this application issue, JOEOR. Are there any updates showing in the Play Store for the application? Can you please complete this process to see if there are any red flags? Please click here: http://spr.ly/6586B2Te8

ChrisM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JOEOR

No updates in the playstore. What should I do now.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JOEOR,

Thanks for checking that out for us. We do want to get this working properly. May we have you reboot the VZ Protect app? You may do this by:

->From main screen click Apps
->Settings

->More
->Application Manager
->All (can drag finger along top from right to left until all is showing)
->Find VZ Protect App (will be in alphabetical order)
->Click Force Stop
->& then Clear Data & Clear Cache (if available)
->Power phone Off & On

->Retest the app

ChristineJ_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JOEOR

Followed your instructions. There is nothing titled "VZ Protect App". I did find "Support and Protection" app. This app only showed "disable". When I selected disable I got a message stating I had to disable this app as a phone administrator. I unchecked this app as a phone administrator. I then was able to select "Force Stop" from the manage app settings. Then selected "Clear Cache". Then selected "Disable" Then selected "Force Stop"  and "Clear Cache" again. Restarted phone. I then re-enabled and updated the "Support and Protection" app. After all this I still get the error "Internal error accessing data. Please try again later". This did not fix my problem. What now?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Receiving this error consistently is troublesome, JOEOR. Let’s keep digging into this. Have you attempted a factory reset on the phone since this started? This can be done through Settings > Accounts > Backup and Reset > Factory Data Reset. We do recommend turning off Automatic Restore prior to completing this step, and also backing up everything on your device to prevent losing any data.

LynnD_VZW

0 Likes
JOEOR

If I do a factory reset, will I lose all the information in my settings=>accounts? I use my phone for work email and do not want to be disconnected. What settings will reset that will require me to re-configure my phone?

Joe

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JOEOR-

We definitely want to make sure that your phone is working again in no time. If you do a factory reset, you will lost all of the settings, accounts, and content on your device. While you can back up content onto the Verizon Cloud, any accounts that were set up by your job will need to be reconfigured by your IT department with your job. You can learn more about the Verizon Cloud here: http://vz.to/1Q9ijyF.

AmberK_VZW

0 Likes