voicemail problem
thil2633

My daughters voicemail stopped working on her Android, and she got a new Galaxy S!!! and it still doesn't work. Instead of her voice in her vm, it is now a computer generated voice saying, this is Brittany leave a message. Well, she can't retrieve her messages. Verizon tried to reset the passcode and that didn't work. Any other ideas? She is desperate, cause she is in the middle of a jobsearch and can't retreive the messages left

0 Likes
Re: voicemail problem
Not applicable

did you try the last four digits of the cell number. That is the stock way of entering the voicemail system.

Good Luck

0 Likes
thil2633

They reset her password, but it still doesn't work. She also added visual voicemail to retreive recent messages, but all that came up are the ones from last December. Somehow her vm feature got deleted or something.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dear thil2633,

Good morning. I understand the importance of ensuring your daughter's voicemail is working properly. Especially, if she is in the middle of a job search. It would be my pleasure to address your voicemail concerns.

Is the issue that she can not retrieve her voicemail or people can not leave a voicemail? Is she using standard voicemail or visual voicemail? If we have already reset the password and she is still unable to retrieve her voicemail, let's make sure there is no forwarding. Have her dial *73 send. She will hear two beeps. After hearing the beeps, have her end the call, power off the phone and then retry to access her voicemail. Also, make sure the voicemail settings are correct on her phone. From the main screen tap on the phone icon, then tap on menu and select call settings. Scroll to voicemail and ensure Voicemail service is set to My Carrier. Tap on voicemail settings, ensure voicemail number is set to *86. If there is a different number, tap on voicemail number. You will then have the ability to delete the number and enter *86. If the steps above do not work, please feel free to reach out to us for further assistance. Have a great weekend.

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes