Re: voicemail notification
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Slopeboy40, we'd be sad to see you leave the Nations Largest Network. I want to make sure that we do everything we can to get this issue resolved without having you to make a trip into the store. I've sent you a private message, can you please respond back to that message for me. I'm looking forward to working with you.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Jim66085

I had the same problem after a software update and had to jump thru the same hoops.

Dial into your voice mail account and instead of pressing 1 for voice mail press 4 for personal options.

You will be prompted to press 1 to turn message indicator on or off make sure it's on.

I did that and my voice mail notifications started working again.

Good Luck

Jim

0 Likes
slopeboy40
Enthusiast - Level 3

Jim, tried that and for some reason my phone does not give me and option to press 1.  This is seriously frustrating now, over 2 weeks and no end in sight.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jim66085, We appreciate your insight that you’ve provided.

slopeboy40,
I’m sorry that you’re having so much trouble with voicemail notifications showing. This is truly not the experience we want for anyone. We wouldn’t want for you to even think about leaving our wireless family. I want to end the frustration once & for all. I’m going to send you a Private Message. Please respond to me in the Private Message to continue. Thanks!

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bowhunter615
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Droid mini and do not get a number indicator on my voice mail

icon. Have taken it to the Verizon store and they couldn't fix it. My wife

has the same phone and has an indicator. Frustrating! Make me hesitate to

stay with Verizon

On Feb 13, 2017 7:01 PM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
Jim66085

My phone is a Samsung G4. When I dialed into my voicemail account the voice prompt was to dial 1 for voice mail, do not press 1. the next will be 2… then 3… then 4 for message indicator. That’s when to press 1

If that does not work I can’t help you.

Jim

0 Likes
slopeboy40
Enthusiast - Level 3

Finally got it fixed.  I had to manually force several system updates and ta-da I got my notifications back without changing any phone settings.  I've also learned that the voicemail app icon is ONLY for visual voicemail.

0 Likes
Jim66085

Sometimes victims become the problem solver in order to survive.

My wife is still using a flip phone and gets along just fine.

Simpler sometimes is better.

Congratulations,

Jim

0 Likes