voicemail notification
HAMERHD

How do I get the Galaxy S 6 to alert me of voicemail messages.  My S 5 would display the voicemail icon when I had messages.  I don't get the same alert with the S 6.  What do I do to get the message icon?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: voicemail notification
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi HAMERHD,

I'm so sorry you're not getting notified of voice mails on your Galaxy S6. Let's see what's going on so we can get you alerted. I know this is important. How do you access your voice mail? Do you use *86 to call, or do you use the voicemail icon on the device? Have you tried both?

ChristinaB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

slopeboy40
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am having the same problem and don't know how long it has been going on.  I have an older Droid Mini and I used to get voicemail notifications and now I don't.  When I use the voicemail icon it is unable to connect to the network.  When I press and hold '1' I can access my voicemail, however I do not have any notification of any kind that I have a message.  Help!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

slopeboy40 Missing a call can never be good news for anyone. Let's work to make sure your alerts start working. Have you recently added any new apps or software updates? Also, please make sure notifications is turned on. From the main screen tap messages, tap menu, settings and make sure notifications is checked.

DeloresK_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
slopeboy40
Enthusiast - Level 3

My main screen does not have anything that says "messages" to tap.  On my phone dialpad I can go to settings/voicemail and see that I have a sound attached and checked box to vibrate.  Nothing about notifications.  Just to be clear on my issue... Previously when I had a voicemail there would be a small "tape" icon present in my menu bar and I believe my actual Voicemail app icon also showed that I had messages.  Now neither of those are working.  I will see the missed call icon in the menu bar but now I have to actually go to my dialpad, call my voicemail and enter my passcode just to see if I even have a message.  The voicemail app does not work anymore.  When I tap it, it will try to sign in and then I get the message "Network error. Could not contact Voicemail server. Please try again later."  I have gone to my settings/apps/voicemail, cleared the cache and rebooted but the problems remain.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to be alerted to all your messages, slopeboy40. Let’s make sure there are not some simple settings causing this problem. Is your phone’s Mobile Data turned ON? Voicemail alerts are transferred to the phones by our data network.

Have you tried resetting the Voicemail app to ensure there is no error in the software causing the problem? Here is a link with steps on clearing an app http://vz.to/2d3MRnb

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes
slopeboy40
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, mobile data is on.  I have cleared the voicemail and storage caches again.  Tested again by calling from another phone and same result.  I see I missed a call but no notification of a voicemail and the voicemail app icon still does not work and comes back with "Network error. Could not contact Voicemail server. Please try again later."

0 Likes
slopeboy40
Enthusiast - Level 3

Nothing?  Am I just out of luck?  Time to switch to a carrier that can offer me a working voicemail notification system?  *frustrated*

bowhunter615
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same, or similar problem with my Droid Mini. I have the icon, which looks like a tape reel or cassette, and used to get a number 1, 2, etc when I had voicemail, but now get nothing...my wife and I have the same phone, and she gets a number notification.

I even took mine to a Verizon store and a tech went into the phone and spent a good deal of time, to no avail...

0 Likes
slopeboy40
Enthusiast - Level 3

Unbelievable.  I'd say it was a ploy by Verizon to make me buy a new phone but if your wife's phone works....

I guess my next step is to go to a V-store and see if they can make it work.  If not, it might be on to AT&T and give them a try.

0 Likes