voice to text
emwatkins522
Enthusiast - Level 2

I like to use voice to text and my iPhone 5 was okay with it, but now I cannot even find the microphone on my keyboard with the Samsung S4.  Can someone help me?  I have tried to find the microphone by holding down different letters, etc., but nothing worked. 

0 Likes
Re: voice to text
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

emwatkins522,

We're here to help. If you haven't already please try going to Settings> Language and Input> Enable Google voice typing. Once you do this please go to your messaging app. Once your keyboard appears long tap the key in the left side of the space bar and the microphone icon will appear in the pop up menu.

DaisyP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
emwatkins522
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have tried this and it didn't work. I tried it again in case I missed something.  There is a comma to the left of my keyboard and you can only type a comma, nothing else.  Under Language and input, I had to click on Voice input under speech, and there are 2 google options - Enhanced google services and Basic Google recognition.  I tried both of them and long tapping, short tapping the comma key (left of the space bar), only a comma appears.   There was no option to choose Google voice typing.  What else can I do?

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

What keyboard are you using?  Google?  Default Samsung?  Swype?  Try changing keyboards and see if the microphone appears.  I use a Swype keyboard and there is a microphone to the right of the spacebar,

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I love using the talk to text feature emwatkins522. I am confident we will be able to get this working for you again. Go to Settings>Top select My Device> Language and Input>Default and tell me if you have Samsung Keyboard or Swype. Alsso go to the Text-to-speech option and ensure that it matches with your default settings. Let me know your outcome.

AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
emwatkins522
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got it! Thank you!

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You're welcome - glad I could help!

0 Likes