updated - LOST ALL PHOTOS
fabos69

New Galaxy 3 just updated - said damaged sim card and now ALL photos besides daughters downwloaded from her Verizon phone GONE !!! HELP

0 Likes
Re: updated - LOST ALL PHOTOS
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried removing the SD card from the phone and reading the SD card with a separate card reader attached to the computer?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ufbsudfbfvfuyb

having the same problem...I tried a software download online with good reviews to see if the photos on my SD card can be recovered , no luck yet.(GalaxyIII)

Does Verizon backup our phone pics to the cloud?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello fabos69,

Yikes! It is definitely important to get those memories back. Have you previously stored or backed up your pictures via the Verizon Cloud? If so, you can re-sync or remove them from the deleted files folder online via the website. Here are the steps to do so: http://vz.to/19c3mT4 . Also, we can see if the SD card is working or if the files have been corrupted. To test this, you can input the SD card into another phone or computer reader to see if the pictures come back up. Are you experiencing any other issues with the signal or function of the phone after the update? Keep us posted!

WiltonA_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Not applicable

fabos69 wrote:

New Galaxy 3 just updated - said damaged sim card and now ALL photos besides daughters downwloaded from her Verizon phone GONE !!! HELP

There shouldn't be ANYTHING saved to the SIM card. So a damaged SIM card should affect anything else. Perhaps you meant SD card. I'm pretty sure before you update it tells you to back up your data. And even if not you should do that anyway. So many way to backup data for free there is really no excuse. If those photos are that precious you should have them saved in more than one location. I don't why people don't do that.

0 Likes
zroid
Enthusiast - Level 3

try TestDisk, PhotoRec applications if you get your photos back. It should have been backed up to google + if you have set it up.

http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk_Download

0 Likes
Waimon
Contributor - Level 3

Ouch hope you get your photos. From now on you might want to try using Verizon cloud or Google + also backs up your photos.

0 Likes