Re: update 4DRB1 battery problems
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BRUENG2, this has gone on for too long and we want your battery issue resolved.  A private message has been sent you to assist you further.  Thank you for your patience.

SeanC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Two days of battery life is quite a step when comparing it to what you have been dealing with in terms of battery usage in the past, McC007. Please monitor your device going forward, and if you have any other additional questions, or need assistance in activating your LG, then please don't hesitate to reach back out to us here. 

JoeyM_VZW            

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
BRUENG2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Mine fixed itself too.. Until some apps updated and I was right back in the same boat for 2 days. It has again repaired itself.

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Which apps updated? Do you have apps from google to update automatically? I have that turn off and to only update on wifi. There are some apps that doing the updates doesn't always mean that it is going to run better. I hated the update I got for my netgear app but I made a backup of the phone a few weeks before and was at least able to restore it to what I had before.

0 Likes
BRUENG2
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm not sure what updated. Everything updates automatically but only when on Wi-Fi. I'm on Wi-Fi 95% of the time.

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

That's why I have the update apps automatically turned off on my phone. With all the apps that come with the phone plus the ones I put on it I think it is just easier to update a few at a time then that way if there is one or two that have a bad update to them it is easier to isolate them. Then there is times when I come on here and hear someone had problems with a certain update I can wait til they come up with a fix for it so I don't have to deal with it not working.I am on wifi most of the time to and that is how I heard that their security app had a problem blocking wifi when it first came out.I must admit that one got fixed kinda quick but still read where someone has this problem every now and then.

BRUENG2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ok I caught it in the act. The only app that updated was Facebook. Today my battery is dropping almost %15 a hour without even being used. Checking battery usage shows the display 1 % system 1% and yahoo 1%. Proof ist the system running in the background eating the battery.

doloresk_vzw
Verizon Employee

It is exciting when you discover what the issue is. We want to make sure you don't have any unanswered questions or concerns. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

DeloresK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BRUENG2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well here we go again. Another new update and back to the dead battery again. Immediately began killing my battery. Last time it took 11 days to finish.

Content edited as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes