unresponsive power button
misha11417

My power button has randomly stopped working.  I can not use it AT ALL.  To unlock my screen, I have to use the "home" button.  I cannot restart the phone.  I thought maybe it was a software issue, so I did a factory reset but that hasn't helped either.  My phone has not been wet, dropped, and has no physical damage whatsoever.  Help?!

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: unresponsive power button
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

misha11417, sorry to hear about the power button. If you have completed a factory reset and the problem persists it looks like a hardware issue. I would recommend replacing the phone. The device came with a 1yr warranty and you have the option at that time to purchase an extended warranty. When was the device purchased? If there has been no damage and it is covered under warranty we can replace it for you. You can reach out to us at 800-922-0204 or you can send me a direct message and I can take a look at your options.

We have additional ways to replace the equipment if you do not fall under any warranty option. We have our device payment program http://vz.to/ZILXBT and our CPO option http://vz.to/16vfYHl that you can utilize.

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Brittanydione
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issue. My year was up at the end up Feb - my luck. Seems as if it's the phones problem, not ours. I feel like I shouldn't have to pay for another phone when mine is practically brand new. If this is a constant issue, with not just one person but multiple, we shouldn't be held accountable.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

brittanydione, I am sorry to hear that you are having problems with your phone. Do you have insurance on your phone? Are you eligible for an upgrade on your account? If so, you can always look to get a new phone. You can dial #UPG from your phone to see if you are eligible to ugprade.

RobinD_VZW
VZW Support

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mmillerff2004
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have myself, in addition to 1 person I work with and two other people from the fire house I am part of that all are having this same issue with the power button. I have to hold my phone sideways with the power button on the bottom which seems to make it disconnect so I can actually utilize the screen.  I love my phone and have no reason or urge to upgrade. But need to get this fixed. I am about to change back to my original galaxy for the time being so I can actually answer phone calls again.

0 Likes