unable to make conference calls
69nova69
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello,

When I try to add a call to my current conversation and press the "merge" button, both calls hang up and I get an "unable to make conference calls" message. I have installed all available updates on my phone. I have also following the instructions on the site on how to do a 3-way call. Does anyone know how to resolve? Thanks.

Labels (1)
Re: unable to make conference calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us. We understand just how important it is to manage your devices. What's the make and model of your phone? How long has this issue been going on? 

TabithaJ_VZW

0 Likes
69nova69
Enthusiast - Level 1

It is a Samsung Galaxy S9+. The issue has been going on for about 2 weeks now. The 3 way calling feature was working fine up until that point.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

69nova69,

Having use of all calling features is very important, and conference calls are no exception. This can certainly create difficult situations, so I want to get to the bottom of this.

Did you have a recent update to your device software, or any other changes around the time this started happening?

Also, have you noticed whether this is occurring with all conference calls, or only certain numbers?

Lastly, please use the following instructions to verify whether you are using HD Voice: http://spr.ly/6605EZpzd Does toggling this feature on or off affect the outcome of your conference call?

ColinH_VZW

0 Likes
winger13
Enthusiast - Level 1

same problem here. Using a Verizon Samsung Galaxy S9 .   After I dial the second number and press the merge button, both calls disconnect.  I almost NEVER use 3-way calling and know this worked a few months ago, but failed miserably today.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

winger13 The best part of a new phone is using the features. We can certainly start troubleshooting to get those conference calls working. Have you recently added any new apps? Please go to settings > system updates > check for system updates > if available tap download > tap install now. DoloresK_VZW

0 Likes
MnMshorty
Enthusiast - Level 2

In case someone else has this problem as I did, try turning off advanced calling in settings. 

0 Likes
patrickkoepele

I'm having the same problem. Where is the "Advanced Calling" setting? I can't find anything called that in settings.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure you can make all calls without any issues, patrickkoepele. Let's take a closer look into your device settings. What is the make and model of your phone? What happens when you attempt to make a conference call? -Danielle

0 Likes