unable to assign RT to contacts
Yofish4fun
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have had my Galaxy S7 Edge for 2 days and have been trying to get certain ringtones assigned to certain contacts and it just will not do it.  below are the steps I take to assign:

1 - click on contact

2 - click edit

3 - click Google @ top of screen ( since i use it as contact backup)

4 - click on default ringtone

5 - song i want is not listed so i click on 'add from device storage'

6 - it sends me to Verizon cloud

7 - click on the song i want

8 - click save after seeing the song is listed

9 - redisplay contact; Ringtone shows as Default Ringtone instead of the song I chose

Called Samsung; they had me do a factory reset (which I hate); did not fix the problem & now I have to reset the phone back all over again to the way I customized it. She told me go to a Best Buy and speak to a Samsung rep in person. Not sure why; should she not be able to do the same to fix the issue? Can anyone advise what's going on and how to assign? Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: unable to assign RT to contacts
Yofish4fun
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks Deloused, I finally figured it out. When I was setting my phone back up after the reset, I downloaded a music app. When I tried to assign RT this time,  it gave me an option to use Cloud or the Music App; chose the music app. I didn't get that option the first time around because I had not DL a music app @ the time. Now everything works smoothly. I just assumed this fone came w/ a stock music app.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

It sounds like the cloud part is the culprit. If you try to download the audio file to your device from the cloud first, and then set the ringtone it should allow you to set it to the downloaded files, it just wouldn't be able to play a custom file by streaming from the cloud when you recieve a call.

0 Likes
Yofish4fun
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks Deloused, I finally figured it out. When I was setting my phone back up after the reset, I downloaded a music app. When I tried to assign RT this time,  it gave me an option to use Cloud or the Music App; chose the music app. I didn't get that option the first time around because I had not DL a music app @ the time. Now everything works smoothly. I just assumed this fone came w/ a stock music app.

0 Likes