uconnect
d1huss
Enthusiast - Level 2

Has anyone had problems with the UConnect system that is in the 2012 Dodge Ram pickups. I can pair and receive incoming calls/texts. Out going calls via voice commands do NOT work. The system sends the number, rings twice and then disconnects, even thought the call is still active if you check your phone. I have downloaded the Bluetooth Auto Connect app and it doesn't help. My wife's S4 has no problems. This has to be an issue with the S5's software because all incoming calls/texts works fine. Hopefully Samsung/Verizon will have an update that fixes this problem.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: uconnect
d1huss
Enthusiast - Level 2

I started this thread and can now say that my S5 works great with Uconnect. Lollipop 5.0 cured the problem

View solution in original post

Not applicable

Verizon updates nothing. However uconnect has a 2015 firmware update out now. It is not free.

It costs $185 with the tax in NY.

However it also updates your navigation system.

http://www.uconnect.com

Good Luck

B33
Legend

Ouch costly update.. hopefully it's worth it...

0 Likes
Not applicable

It just updates the firmware and maps and places of interest. However it takes over 2.5 hours to run the two CD's so updating is slow.

My uconnect worked great before I updated. The instructions state to remove all paired devices before updating which I did. On repairing it found my iphones and my wife's LG G2 but it was a real hassle in that on occasion you must repeat the "Call" command. It seems to dial the wrong contact. Easily fixed since it asks "yes" or "no" before it dials the number.

As I said it worked previously it works now after the firmware update. And yes its a shame a new vehicle I purchased 80 days ago was not sold with the update and it costs me the $185 but hey it happens.

GLW163
Contributor - Level 1

This disc only updates the maps not the firmware. You can have the dealer update the firmware for free or download and update yourself. Read this post: Galaxy S5 Bluetooth Issue

0 Likes
Not applicable

Would you like a jpg of the discs? I can take a photo for you if you like.

The update came with a firmware update and a navigation update disc.

Just let me know and I will attach them. In fact i did.

Good Luck IMG_0294.JPGIMG_0295.JPG

rcschnoor
Legend

While your purchased map update came with the software update, it does not mean you can't get the software update without the map update at the dealer for no cost. I have seen this in the past on my vehicles. Since the map update REQUIRES the software update, they obviously had to include this with your purchase. Kind of silly to send you a map update you can't use without a software update and kind of a hassle to require you to visit your dealer to first get the software update before you would be able to run your map update. This way for the low cost of a DVD, the customer is happy.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Not applicable

First my dealer told me 80 days ago that the firmware was up-to-date however I found that was a lie. And I bought the car new.

Then I asked for the update and the dealer said I had the most recent. However when I went to Chrysler they said I was correct and sent me to the dealer who did not have the 2015 update.

That small amount of $185 is not what I should have paid. The dealership had no firmware update for free.

I paid but that is not a complaint.

And of course I would wrather know its done correctly.

Now I also found via Chrysler Headquarters that they were remiss in updating my PCM and for not disclosing a bad battery drain issue. It is now at another dealer who is repairing all that Armory did not do.

Shelling out forty grand for a new car should be in excellent condition on taking possession not complete with hidden horrors.

Ha ha I have the nicesest looking car at the Chrysler garage

rcschnoor
Legend

I am not saying anything you have stated is untrue, however it does not negate anything in my post.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Can't someone do this themselves?

https://rsur.extra.chrysler.com/rsur/Uconnect.do

0 Likes