two questions
buzzeswoman2008
Contributor - Level 3

Verizon Wireless Customer Support is it possible to uninstall the latest software update and reinstall it? also how do i go about getting a replacement phone since my phone has had nothing but issues since i got it 4 months ago.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: two questions
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
buzzeswoman2008, I want to make sure that we get you back to loving your device. Unfortunately, we don't have a way to go back to the old software once the new software was downloaded. Have you been able to try to hook the phone up to a computer and do the Software Repair Assistant. You can always find the steps on how to complete that by following this link: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/galaxy-s5-update/ Please keep me posted.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Since they might or might not get back to you in due time:  You cannot go back to an older OS version...not within warranty means anyway.  I have had good success with getting replacements when OTA updates created issues that factory resets didn't cure.  That would be in and out of warranty.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
buzzeswoman2008, I want to make sure that we get you back to loving your device. Unfortunately, we don't have a way to go back to the old software once the new software was downloaded. Have you been able to try to hook the phone up to a computer and do the Software Repair Assistant. You can always find the steps on how to complete that by following this link: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/galaxy-s5-update/ Please keep me posted.

KevinR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
buzzeswoman2008
Contributor - Level 3

Yes I have done the software repair assistant

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
buzzeswoman2008,

Thank you for verifying this step has been completed.  Software updates should improve the performance of your phone.  What specific issues have you noticed since the update? We can certainly take a closer look and address them.

TrevorC_VZW
0 Likes
buzzeswoman2008
Contributor - Level 3

since the latest update i have had issues with calls connecting...text messages not being sent until hours later...my battery not lasting more than a couple hours without being used or with light use. its very frustrating. i have a family member who has the exact same phone and has had it since it came out and has never had an issue. if i could i would trade it in for the droid turbo. 

0 Likes
buzzeswoman2008
Contributor - Level 3

another thing is i can no longer charge my phone on my computer like i have been able to in the past. and it takes my phone over 3 hours to charge when in the past it took no more than 2. since the update ive had to charge my phone around 3 times a day...and thats with minimal use and no apps open.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

No reset helped and not warranty-eligible I assume?

0 Likes
buzzeswoman2008
Contributor - Level 3

im warrenty eligiable and if i want them to send me out a referb phone they will but i was told by tech support that if i chose to have them send me a referb phone to be prepared cuz it will just have the same issues

Snn5
Legend

Well, all I can say positive about the refurb is that you can at least start out with a clean phone and take the update from there, instead of taking the update on a phone that wasn't reset before the download and update.

0 Likes