transferring pictures
ange14

so i had a new phone shipped to me because my other ones charging port malfunctioned . After putting in the sim card and battery to the new phone i checked and all my pics were gone. I assumed they were on the sim card . I guess not. The old phone is on its way back. Are the photos lost for good?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: transferring pictures
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Photos are stored either in the phone's internal memory or on an SD card, if you had one inserted (they aren't stored on the SIM card).  Unless you had the photos backed up somewhere, I'm afraid they're lost.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Photos are stored either in the phone's internal memory or on an SD card, if you had one inserted (they aren't stored on the SIM card).  Unless you had the photos backed up somewhere, I'm afraid they're lost.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ange14,

I know how important it is to pictures backed up in case the phone needs to be replaced. Tikibar1 has definitely provided you with the answer to your question, the SIM card does not store any information; it's used for our 4G LTE service. In addition to the options mentioned, you may have used Backup Assistant plus or Google (third party application) to save your pictures. These are not services that automatically backup your data; you would have had to agree to their terms and set up the accounts. You can check for a Backup Assistant subscription here http://vz.to/1btrKU5 .

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes