trade in IMEI question
gadgetgirl23
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Samsung Galaxy s6 that I want to trade in toward the purchase of a new phone.

When I enter the IMEI to check it on the Verizon trade in page, it validates but says that my phone is an S6 in Pearl White.  My phone is black.

The IMEI is clear and valid.

Why would it say my phone is white?

Will this affect the trade in value of the phone?

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: trade in IMEI question
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm so happy to hear you want to take advantage of our trade in program gadgetgirl23. I'm sorry your phone is showing a different color via our system. The color does not affect the trade in value. Did you purchase the phone from us or is it unlocked?

KinquanaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
gadgetgirl23
Enthusiast - Level 2

I purchased it new from a 3rd party. It is a Verizon phone. Says Verizon on the back. Says Verizon on startup. Never unlocked to my knowledge. How can I check?

0 Likes
gadgetgirl23
Enthusiast - Level 2

A bit more info.  Turns out, this phone was refurbished by Asurion--it says so right on the back of the phone.

Evidently Asurion [removed] up the IMEI when they fixed it for the previous owner, so now it thinks it is is a white phone, but it's a black one.

Can I still trade it in?

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​.

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much for the additional information, gadgetgirl23. This definitely makes more sense. The great news is your device can still be traded in. We hope this clears things up for you.

DanielleR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes