Re: touchwiz has stopped working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
NsmithS148,

We don't give up so easily! Let's keep working to find the resolution. We appreciate the steps you've taken so far. But we do have other questions. Are you wanting to make it a widget and when you try adding it to the home page, you get this issue? Are you able to access it from the native app?  What is the specific error? When is the last time you were able to use it?

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
jrmnlm
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I try to add an app or remove an app from my home screen, I get the message "Unfortunately, TouchWiz home has stopped".  The issue started immediately following the Lollipop update.  I have a Samsung S4 device.  I have actually deleted the pages I had set-up prior to the update thinking I just needed to set them up again.  I now have the default 5 page screens which include a home screen.  I unable to modify any widgets or apps on any page.

Please post a solution.  I am assuming we will start seeing others have the same issue.  This is sounding like it is affecting many users.  I tried unistalling the Knox software but that did not work.

Thank you!!!

0 Likes
bshaw0210

Verizon, any solution to the touchwiz problem after the update? Many users with this problem

0 Likes
jrmnlm
Enthusiast - Level 2

Workaround...Go To Settings, My Device and turn off Motions.  This has corrected the problem for now.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

0 Likes
dmbrush
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, that seemed to get around the problem. Hopefully the right fix will be made available soon, but thanks for helping.

0 Likes
bshaw0210

I had to factory reset my phone to get it working again.

0 Likes
needsupervision

thanks.  The motion fix works for now. Yep Verizon really messed up on this one.  Can't believe they didn't try this on an S4 before pushing out their version of lollipop.  Maybe we should be complaining to Samsung for having our phones de-featured?   Next question.  Does anyone care enough to fix this?

0 Likes
joedeuce
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have motion enabled and haven't experienced any problems.

0 Likes
dragonbreath
Enthusiast - Level 1

I visited a Verizon store with this same issue.  He told me to backup and factory reset.  I don't really want to go to the trouble, but on another thread, I found a temporary "fix".  In Settings set Motions to Off, and do a restart from your shutdown menu.  That has cured the Touch Wiz Error message when you try to move an App or Widget.  Now, whether there are still other problems, I do not know.

0 Likes
tarzadon

I upgraded my S4 to Lollipop last night.  The Google Search bar was missing after the update.  When I tried to add it back, I would get the "Unfortunately, TouchWiz home has stopped" message. Basically, any icon or widget I touched would give the error message. I've tried booting into Safe Mode, clearing data and cache in the TouchWiz app and then booting into Recovery Mode and wiping the cache partition.  That didn't work. I tried turning off Developer Options which didn't work. Turning off Motion in Settings -> My Device -> Motions and gestures seemed to do the trick 

I found that installing Google Now Launcher is another workaround.  Any other launcher would probably work as well.

Hope the issue is fixed soon.

0 Likes