Re: today my phone said there was a new OS update?
kDub_2014
Enthusiast - Level 2

Been 2 days....no issues.

B33
Legend

Hey that sounds Good. b33

0 Likes
Jeffklt

I lost contacts, messages and several apps.  Email setups are gone, had to go back and set up security.  None of my preferences were preserved.  Pretty unhappy with Verizon.

0 Likes
AmandaReine
Enthusiast - Level 3

For the love of all that is good - don't upgrade.  This upgrade has destroyed by S5. I dies within 3 -4 hours. It now takes 2+ hours to get a full charge. It freezes. There is a huge lag. The fingerprint screen lock won't work without locking me out of my phone for 30 seconds every time I try to unlock my phone, I had to go back to the basic swipe lock. My pop up text message notification box won't close so I have to end the app and then reopen the app to actually read and respond to messages. My phone now gets hot if it's in the Otter case, which makes things worse.....Smiley Sad

JCLucky

Prior to this last upgrade I could easily get 15 hours on a full battery.  Since the upgrade I am averaging 6 hours.  I called technical support and they helped to close some apps running in the background.  It still hasn't helped.  I would NOT recommend updating at this point as it has sure screwed up my battery life!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi AmandaReine!

I'm so sorry to learn of any issues you've encountered with your S4! I'd like to help in any way I can, as I definitely understand the need to have a smoothly working device. Have you completed any troubleshooting steps with the device? Many times a master reset will help resolve issues after a software update. Please try this: http://vz.to/1sZKFiT

Thanks!

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport