text messages fail
ljordan119
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why do my text messages work flawlessly at times and then at times they do not work at all for hours? I have the latest update. I have shut it down, taken the batter out and sim card. Let it set for several minutes. Nothing seems to help. Just want  to know why.

0 Likes
Re: text messages fail
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

What kind of signal do you have when the messages fail?  Do they take along time to send, or simply not send at all?

If you are on wifi, picture messages, messages containing a signature, or special characters, formatting, etc, will not send - they need the data signal, although they don't count against your data.  Perhaps the phone is not auto-switching properly between wifi and cellular data?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ljordan119,

I want to make sure your messages are working properly. Have you noticed if the messages affected are with certain contacts? As SuzyQ mentioned, if you are using WiFi & having problems with MMS, it is because a data signal is required. When you are experiencing messages not working, is it sending or receiving? Are there any error messages? Please share more information so we can assist.

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Skyke101
Enthusiast - Level 3

Join the club LJordan. The KitKat update, which is irreversible, has pretty much renderred cell phones useless if you happen to live at the edges of their cell phone tower coverage. Everyone that used to have ok to good service now has very bad to none. What is verizon going to do about it? Nothing, they will still get paid either way. And there is no way that your phone can go back to how well it worked before they pushed out the KitKat update. Depending on how bad you need to use your phone, the only thing you can really do to be able to send texts and surf the net on your phone would be to get closer to the nearest cell tower or switch to another carrier, such as ATT or Tmobile.