tap to speak screen is white in messaging, how do i get it back to black background
Dondeeme

I need help to change the tap to speak screen in messaging from a now white to a no color at all. Don't know what changed that particular window, but can only see the tap to speak button. How do I reset it

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: tap to speak screen is white in messaging, how do i get it back to black background
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I hear ya on not wanting to go that route, rpstrilaeff. Below are steps to follow. After completing, please verify if this continues.

Go to Settings >  Apps > Google App. > Force Stop, then Uninstall Updates

DavidH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

Re: tap to speak screen is white in messaging, how do i get it back to black background
rpstrilaeff
Enthusiast - Level 2

Similar problem here, with droid maxx.  The voice input screen is washed out (almost white) and I can barely see the buttons.  Just started happening a few days ago.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

How very strange that this just started. Any new software updates on either the phone itself or the Messaging app you are using? Have you restarted the phone to see if the tap to speak is easier to see?
BryanS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
rpstrilaeff
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes I rebooted the phone.  I do not want to factory reset.  It is not the messaging app.  Everytime I use voice recognition the pop-up panel is almost white where if used to be black.  The buttons in the panel are amost impossible to see, but still work.  It's annoying, but not "broken".

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I hear ya on not wanting to go that route, rpstrilaeff. Below are steps to follow. After completing, please verify if this continues.

Go to Settings >  Apps > Google App. > Force Stop, then Uninstall Updates

DavidH_VZW

rpstrilaeff
Enthusiast - Level 2

Surprise!  ... That actually worked.  It reverted back to the old interface with just a big  keyboard  icon, which is nice and obvious, instead of multiple, tiny "x" buttons which were unclear.  Thank you.  I'll avoid upgrading the Google App.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rpstrilaeff,

Excellent, we're glad to hear it! Have questions in the future please do not hesitate to reach out to us on Twitte and Facebook. You can also find resources for all our devices and services by visiting www.vzw.com/support.

AdamG_VZW

0 Likes