Re: sound equalizer not working after system update G920VVRU4DQL1
stef7
Master - Level 2

I'd contact Samsung tech support. I highly doubt Verizon disabled that feature.

0 Likes
rush86
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yea that's what ill have to do. But i highly doubt they'll fix it anytime soon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's important to have access to customize your phone, CHRFELI. Software updates will make changes to your device are meant to enhance and improve the device. This can at times change settings and remove previous capabilities. If you are no longer seeing this setting through your Music app settings, this is no longer an option to customize. You can look into third party apps for sound. We hope this helps clarify things or you.

Verizon_Customer_Support

Follow us TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response registry. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

I'm not the OP.

This has possibly been done by Samsung to make their sound sub-system more like that of others. It's a question that needs to be posed to Samsung.

0 Likes
rush86
Enthusiast - Level 3

I guess you didn't read through our posts verizon support. The option is still there, it does not open when you click on it. Please, can you read through our posts. There's two topics explaining the issue.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I also love to listen to music from my device. What we can do is contact our internal software team here at Verizon and they also work with Samsung so we can get more details on this being disabled.

I will keep you posted when I get more details.

TamaraH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

rush86
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks

TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

As of 1/4/2018 I received some details on this matter regarding the equalizer since the software update. They found the Artefact for Sound Quality and Effects does not exist with the recent update and it is obsolete, however,  the issue will be fixed with the next software update for this model.  There is no ETA at this time.

TamaraH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

rush86
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you very much for the info. Glad it will be fixed eventually.

AVT2001
Enthusiast - Level 1

No ETA?

We can't roll back the update and have normal functioning phones again?

I have a 3rd replacement phone being sent to me this week for this issue.

At least we now know we are just wasting time and energy with frustrations due to a software update we were recommended (forced) to install.