software update
MYKMAE3
Enthusiast - Level 1

​software update (MMB29M.G900VVRU2DQL1) security 2017-08-01 Looks like it downloads and installs then a short time later it wants to do it again and again.  It's like it in a loop.  How can this be fixed?

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: software update
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

One of the things Samsung and Verizon told me to do with my S5 was to clear the cache partition in recovery mode.

You also may want to try Verizon repair asst

Repair Assistant - Software Upgrade Assistant (Samsung) | Verizon Wireless

View solution in original post

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

try wi-fi to complete the download!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having the latest software updates on your phone is important, MYKMAE3. I understand your phone is continually attempting to install the latest updates, can you verify the current software on your Galaxy S5? (Settings > System updates > Show system update history). Our resource for Galaxy S5 software updates can be found here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/galaxy-s5-update/. Can you confirm that the current software on your phone matches the latest update available? 

LorenzoP_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

One of the things Samsung and Verizon told me to do with my S5 was to clear the cache partition in recovery mode.

You also may want to try Verizon repair asst

Repair Assistant - Software Upgrade Assistant (Samsung) | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes