since the lollipop upgrade my S5 is always hot and using up the battery in a few hours.
Vetter1984
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since the lollipop upgrade my S5 is always hot and using up the battery in a few hours.  The Samsung help chat had me put it in safe mode and to see how it does. So now I have a "smartphone" that I can't use my apps on. Any ideas on how to fix this?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: since the lollipop upgrade my S5 is always hot and using up the battery in a few hours.
Snn5
Legend

Pull down the notification shade and tap the gear icon to bring up Settings. Choose Backup and reset listed under User and Backup and choose Factory data reset.

Double check that everything is backed up and then tap Reset device at the bottom of the screen. Tap Delete all on the next screen and wait for the process to complete and the phone to reboot. You’re done.

If you find that the touchscreen is unresponsive, there’s a problem accessing the menu, or maybe you forgot your pattern lock, then you can still factory reset your S5 using the hardware keys.

1. Turn the Galaxy S5 off.
  2. Now press and hold the Volume up button, the Home button, and the Power button together until you see the Android on screen.
  3. Now use Volume down to highlight the wipe data/factory reset option and press the Power button to select it.
  4. Use Volume down again to highlight Yes – delete all user data and press Power to select it.
  5. Wait until you see the reboot system now option and then use the Power button to select it.
  6. When the S5 restarts it should be completely wiped and ready to set up again.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: since the lollipop upgrade my S5 is always hot and using up the battery in a few hours.
Snn5
Legend

Have you tried a factory reset?  Outside of that, if it does no good, it's a waiting game for the patch/fix to come out.

0 Likes
Vetter1984
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have not. How do I do this?

0 Likes
islandjpa
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ya the lollipop upgrade is a joke.  Mine and my gf S5 are so much slower.  All of our apps ran perfect before the upgrade and now they are all super slow.  Some apps won't even load.  Everytime Verizon adds theyre part to any upgrade software they ruin it.  Been with verizon 20+ years and ready to be done with them.

Snn5
Legend

Pull down the notification shade and tap the gear icon to bring up Settings. Choose Backup and reset listed under User and Backup and choose Factory data reset.

Double check that everything is backed up and then tap Reset device at the bottom of the screen. Tap Delete all on the next screen and wait for the process to complete and the phone to reboot. You’re done.

If you find that the touchscreen is unresponsive, there’s a problem accessing the menu, or maybe you forgot your pattern lock, then you can still factory reset your S5 using the hardware keys.

1. Turn the Galaxy S5 off.
  2. Now press and hold the Volume up button, the Home button, and the Power button together until you see the Android on screen.
  3. Now use Volume down to highlight the wipe data/factory reset option and press the Power button to select it.
  4. Use Volume down again to highlight Yes – delete all user data and press Power to select it.
  5. Wait until you see the reboot system now option and then use the Power button to select it.
  6. When the S5 restarts it should be completely wiped and ready to set up again.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

The apps won't load because the app developers have not updated apps to run on lollipop yet. How is this a Verizon issue?

tony356
Enthusiast - Level 2

We are having thwe same issues. My wife and I both have S5s and after the update everything is delayed and laggy as all can be. I'm so pissed off about this roken piece of plastic that is basically useless to me now.

ogromeo714
Enthusiast - Level 1

Mine is slower and the apps crash frequently. is that what you experience but yeah I totally agree the update kinda ruined the phone.

0 Likes
Vetter1984
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you, that solved the battery and overheating problems.  There are still some glitches but I can live with them till patched.

Snn5
Legend

Glad that helped out  Smiley Happy

0 Likes