since kitkat samsung galaxy s4 gps not working. any solutions?
Sue05
Enthusiast - Level 1

Since updating my Samsung Galaxy S4 to kitkat the GPS is not working. The GPS cannot correctly find my location. How do I fix this?

0 Likes
Re: since kitkat samsung galaxy s4 gps not working. any solutions?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sue05,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with the GPS. Let's get that locating you again. Try placing the device in Safe Mode: http://vz.to/1mixchF . Retest and let us know if it is working in Safe Mode.

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
AlejandroGalvan

Sorry if I'm in the wrong place.

I have a question about my Note 3.

Why can't I received or sent picture messages through WiFi only? is there any setting that I have to turn on maybe.

If I turn on my mobile data it works fine but when I want to use WiFi only I can't not download any picture messages.

any help would be great.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your phone is operating correctly, i.e., picture/multimedia texts will not send/receive over wi-fi, they require a mobile data connection.  However, they count against your text plan, not your data plan.

0 Likes
Sue05
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi BrianP_VZW,

I put the phone in Safe Mode per the instructions.  The GPS still does not have my correct location.  What is next?

0 Likes
BigRedGonzo
Contributor - Level 1

Download an app from the Play Store called GPS Status and Toolbox.  Run the app and see if/or how many satellites it sees.

BigRedGonzo

0 Likes
Sue05
Enthusiast - Level 1

I got the GPS Status & Toolbox app before posting the original question.  Just to make sure, I just uninstalled it and then downloaded it again.  It took many minutes before it could fix on any satellites and then get a GPS location.  I looked at Google Maps and the location was correct -- for about 20 seconds.  Then the fix was lost and the location now shows me about 140 miles from where I really am.  I don't think this is the solution.  Before the kitkat update the GPS did not have this problem.  Are there any other steps I can take to correct this?  Thank you.

0 Likes
Sue05
Enthusiast - Level 1

It turns out that my husband, who has yet to update to kitkat on his Samsung Galaxy S4, is also having problems with the GPS.  The problem, therefore, is independent of the kitkat update.  Neither the Safe Mode method nor the implementation of GPS Status & Toolbox has helped.  Is there something else I can try to fix this?  Thanks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sue05,

We want your GPS to be an accurate as possible! Is the GPS on your device only incorrect with Google Maps? Have you downloaded any other navigation applications to see if the GPS still shows incorrect? have you tried to do a factory reset on the device yet? http://vz.to/PTQNYF

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Sue05
Enthusiast - Level 1

LindseyT_VZW,

The GPS is incorrect with Google Maps, Navigation, Waze (downloaded app), Android Weather & Clock (downloaded app).  Have not tried the factory reset yet but I guess that is the next step.  Will follow the instructions and report the results. Thank you.

0 Likes