set up yahoo.verizon email account
GalaxyExplorer

I just upgraded from a Galaxy S4 to an S7 and can't get my verizon/yahoo email set up.

It uses yahoo.com so as far as I know the server settings are

incoming.yahoo.verizon.net

outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net

these are the server settings on my computer in Outlook and works.

For some reason, using the same setting in the Samsung email app doesn't work

Using POP3

SSL

incoming port 995

outgoing port 465

"Authentication required before sending emails" is checked

error message:  "A security connection error has occured"

0 Likes
Re: set up yahoo.verizon email account
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried using the Yahoo email application for that account?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for completing some research to get your email set up, GalaxyExplorer. I’d be lost without my email and want to make sure you are able to use yours. Please use this link, http://spr.ly/65898TvnX, to help with set up of your email. This link includes common server settings to try. If you continue to have issues we would recommend using the Yahoo Mail appto see if you can set up your email this way. Let us know how this goes.

DanielleR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
NODESTINATION13

this didn't fix the problem .. what is the SSL incoming and outgoing ports .. 995 and 465 quit working on both my devices and won't accept the manual set up.. or the set up following the link you posted above ..

Thanks.

0 Likes
GalaxyExplorer

I didn't read this answer or try the link you included until today. I ended up using Bluemail which had no problem using the server settings listed above

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GalaxyExplorer we are happy to hear that you were able to sign into your Email. Were there any further questions or concerns that we can assist you with?

0 Likes