screen sensitivity
Pitch7

It seems I can't even read an article now without pop ups, ads and links popping up. Why is the screen so sensitive now? Is this a result of the Nougat update and is this being looked at to be fixed? It's obnoxious!

0 Likes
Re: screen sensitivity
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Get a virus scanner, and/or an ad blocker app.  It could be malware, or just some sites use the pop up ads as a revenue source.  Annoying, yes, and I tend to try and avoid those sites that bombard me with popups.

I don't think it has much to do with screen sensitivity unless you ARE actually tapping a place on the screen to bring up an ad.  A lot of sites WILL intersperse ads with the content ... I find that just as annoying, and again, tend to avoid sites that do that.

0 Likes
Pitch7

Thanks but this happens in Apps too. Google app, email etc.. You're correct though in that websites looking for clicks are more apt to make larger areas "clickable" so they get paid for those clicks.

I also get a lot of prompts to copy/paste just when scrolling emails or documents. That's also annoying.

I have Antivirus and malware. I'm in and well versed in the IT field.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You posted this in the S7 space - I have an S6, and if I go to Settings, Accessibility, then I have a menu option called Dexterity and Interaction.  There I can set the "Touch and Hold" delay that determines how long a "press" I need to make the cut n paste selection (among other things). Mine is set to 0.5 seconds (the shortest time). Perhaps setting that to a longer time will help?

0 Likes