screen randomly turning on when recieving texts
rudgren

When I was using the stock Message + that comes with the phone on Verizon, whenever I would get a text and the phone screen was off, it would turn on automatically. this got really annoying as a LED indication that I have a message is more than enough. I even tried turning off all notifications and it was still happening. I switched to other SMS text apps, and it seems to have resolved the screen coming on, but the LED light doesn't light up, so now I wont know when I'm getting messages. Today I have also noticed when not even getting any notification the screen will randomly turn on the lock screen. What is wrong with this phone?

0 Likes
Re: screen randomly turning on when recieving texts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rudgren,

Help has arrived! Making sure that we get this mystery resolved is key. What make & model phone do you have? Is the phone software up to date? When did this start to become a problem?

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Re: screen randomly turning on when recieving texts
bearone21
Legend

if you've gone to 3rd party messaging apps, you may have to get in the app settings to select notifications.

0 Likes