samsung 6 edge
Anjelle83

I went into a verizon store and purchased the 6 edge. I wasn't planning on buying a phone I was actually bored. The sales rep asked me if i wanted to be on the edge plan, I said no. I asked her to bill the phone to my account. She was very persistent about the edge plan so I asked whats the catch. She stated no catch you just save $25/mon on your bill. I said ok. A few days later, I started calling in to complain about the service on the phone, I keep dropping calls and can't talk and surf the web. We did some trouble shooting and they said they will follow up in a few days but they didn't. Long story short, I have been in contact with verizon every since i got the phone and after 3 weeks they said, I could have went into the store and swopped the phone out for a new one. I also found out I was never talking with tech support, i was talking with customer service and now that I'm talking with tech support he told me that i didn't have enough memory on my phone for the phone to work properly and that something was eating up all of my ram. He said he doesn't know why no one ever looked at that. We did some trouble shooting, deleted some apps, reset the phone and scheduled a follow up. Never heard from him either. I was talking a 10 day trip to London and needed to make sure my phone was working properly. it seem to be working a little better but when i was in london I had to call verizon AGAIN. I also found out that I was roaming. When i called to have the international plan added on they told me to turn off my mobile data, they never mentioned the global roaming data. The rep told me that thats probably because its usually off. They were going to look into giving me a credit but I haven't heard back about that either. I had to start my cloud back up on at night when we got in and hope that it backed up by the time we left out in the morning so that way i could delete some pictures and have space available on my phone to continue taking pictures while on vacation. (it took all night to back up due to being on wifi, I periodically turned on the data to try to speed it up but that didn't work either). When i came back to the states i called customer service again. She told me the previous rep did not escalate my concerns like she said she would. I explained to her the whole situation and she advised me the only thing i can do is pay the $699 to pay off the phone in order to get a larger gig phone. I said I wasn't doing that when I could have clearly paid for the phone. Then thats when the edge agreement was fully explained to me and I was LIVID!!! I said this isn't a plan for everyone and its not a plan for me. I asked to speak to a supervisor. I was placed on hold for about 20mins then the rep says she still waiting for the supervisor but since this happened in a store, I need to go to the store because her supervisor can't do anything for me. I went to the store the next day and spoke with the manager who said she would need to talk to the original sales rep. I said lets be real, do you think after a month she is going to remember me, my sale or our conversation?! She said she still needed to talk with her and her manager to see what could be done. Needless to say, they have been passing the buck! No one has an answer nor a solution. Why should I have to pay $699 for a $364 phone, which I CLEARLY told the lady Ill either pay it today or matter fact just bill it, like I do all my phones. Im stuck on some edge agreement that every time I speak to the store manager she keeps saying she can't do anything because of the edge agreement which makes me more annoyed every time I hear that excuse. I have been with verizon since 2004. I HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM LIKE THIS! I would hate to change carriers because of something that they are avoiding to resolve but I pay almost $200 a month for a bill, I always upgrade my phones and buy accessories from verizon and now I'm stuck with a phone that does me no good because i don't have enough memory. Not to mention, I run a business and didn't realize that when I responded to emails they were sitting in the outbox because the phone wasn't operating properly. I have 3 issues that need to be resolved. I shouldn't have to keep going back and forth with reps that don't want to deal with the situation or even escalate it to the proper channels. This is completely unprofessional and not a way to deal with a loyal customer or any customer for that matter.

0 Likes
Re: samsung 6 edge
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Were you under any contract before you upgraded to the S6? Or were you month to month and out of your 2-year contract?

0 Likes
Anjelle83

I was on a 2yr agreement and was eligible for an upgrade.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Did you do Early Edge then?

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

How many GB per month do you get? Are you on the More Everything plan? More often than not the Edge plan does save you money overall. I'd like the chance to break down your numbers to see.

0 Likes
Anjelle83

No, I never knew what the edge program was! I didnt even know it was a contract and that it was taking me out of my 2 yr contract!

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Did you have to mail in or give them your current device in order to get the Samsung phone?

0 Likes
Anjelle83

The edge is not for me. They broke it down already. I just want to be back in my 2 yr agreement and swop my phone for a larger gig phone. I am on the more everything plan with 10gigs. My plan is not the issue, my contract and my phone is the issue!

0 Likes
Anjelle83

No I didnt have to give them my device. I still have my S5.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Did it not save you money? How many devices are on your plan? Are they in a contract or out of one?

0 Likes