s9 pie update notifications on lock screen
ljersey
Contributor - Level 1

after update when i have phone locked on the top right it now scrolls verizon wireless when i get notification i have to unlock phone to see what it is how do i get rid of the verizon wireless scroll?

also since update the bluetooth icon is no longer showing on notifications next to wifi and battery but it is turned on and it is connecting to my fitbit.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: s9 pie update notifications on lock screen
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ljersey, we are glad to see that you've updated to Android Pie on your Galaxy S9, and want to ensure that your phone is setup correctly. Help is here. Are you able to provide additional information about the Verizon Wireless scrolling that you're referring to? In addition, is your Bluetooth working as expected for your Fitbit and other Bluetooth accessories?

LorenzoP_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

Settings-Apps and Notications-Notifcations-On Lock Screen- from there you have 3 options.

As far as bluetooth icomn not sure what you mean. When you'll pull down it shows for me.

0 Likes
irasnyd

Steps to reproduce:

- Start with a Galaxy S8/S9 running Android Pie

- Lock the phone (turn off the screen).

- Press the power button. DO NOT unlock the phone.

- Look at the UPPER LEFT corner of the screen.

- Notice the scrolling "Verizon Wireless" text that is HIDING the notification icons.

We are asking how to turn off the "Verizon Wireless" text so that we can see our notification icons with the phone locked.

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

The scrolling Verizon logo on the lock screen is a product of your blue tooth being on. Turn off BT and the scrolling stops and the logo is there but stationary.  That is how it works on my S7. See if it's the same way on your S9.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for that information, irasnyd. As consumers, we know how important it is for you to be able to review the notifications on your device. The scrolling text on the top left is designed by the manufacturer, Samsung, to display the carrier. To view your notifications, simply select the icon under the time. This will open a new page, where you'll be able to see your notifications without unlocking your phone. Does this information help? 

DavidR_VZW

0 Likes