Re: s8  and wifi calling notifications
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GKB1688, let's get your WiFi Calling working again. We'd never want to see you go over this. You said that you keep getting the message to turn off WiFi Calling and enter in your address. Do you have internet signal with your WiFi off when you enter in the address? What zip code are you at?

Joel_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TDSchulkers, that is definitely a nuisance receiving the message 20 times a day. We understand needing the notifications to stop. Let's check get this fixed. First, let's reset WiFi calling. To do this, please go to settings>apps?show system apps. Next, scroll down to WiFi calling and tap it. Once in the WiFi calling screen, please tap storage, then clear data. Last, tap force stop.

Once those steps are completed, I would like for you to check to ensure advanced calling/wifi calling has permission on your device. Click here for the steps: http://spr.ly/6585DUPE5

You should receive a pop-up that ask to give advanced calling permission (disclaimer). Make sure everything is turned on. 

Please update me if the notifications stopped. 

Katrina_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TODSCH32
Enthusiast - Level 3

All permission are turned on.

0 Likes
GKB1688
Enthusiast - Level 3

Good morning Joel,

Yes, I have internet access with my wifi, this is my wifi at work. My work zip code is 02210. Just want to let you know what last night, my phone indicated there was a new software update available and the update supposedly targets Advance Calling, Wifi Calling and other features.  I got very excited, have my phone updated, thought my life could be back to normal today coming back to work, but no, I'm still having the same problem.  Please help! Thank you so much!

Re: s8 and wifi calling notifications
edrake
Enthusiast - Level 1

I tried that, but every time I put my address in it says that is is unavailable at this time.  When I go to the notification settings, it doesn't allow me to stop them, the button is greyed out!  Super annoying.

JAMMCG01
Enthusiast - Level 2

Finally got Wifi Calling to setup!

This worked for me...

Turn off wifi on your phone.

In advanced calling, update 911 info with a changed address or type. When prompted with the address it thinks your want, Select your address and update.

I selected to activate HD calling and video. 

Setup completed this time.

Good luck!

0 Likes
TODSCH32
Enthusiast - Level 3

I too had that false hope when I saw the update. So disappointing. Smiley Sad

TODSCH32
Enthusiast - Level 3

Please help. Asking 1 question every 3 days is not helping me resolve this matter quickly.

GKB1688
Enthusiast - Level 3

Does anyone know whether this glitch is affecting S9/S9+ phones?  I did not find any on internet regarding same problem with S9/S9+ phones.  I thought S8 and S9 series have the same platform and softwares.  So how come this is happening just to S8/S8+ phones?

0 Likes
Re: s8 and wifi calling notifications
liuhyhit

How did you get through. Mine keep saying unable to active Wifi calling at this time

0 Likes