Re: s8 and wifi calling notifications
CJBKM
Enthusiast - Level 2

Go to Settings/Apps and click the | in the top right and select "Show system apps".  Scroll down to Wi-Fi Calling and turn off the settings you don't want.

I don't use Wi-Fi calling so I stopped everything associated with the app and that nagging notification that came with the latest update is gone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

WxGeoff, I want to make sure that we help out as much as possible. Let's keep digging into this issue. Have you tried to activate the Wi-Fi calling, enter your 911 Address and then turn off the wi-fi calling? 

Kevin_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: s8  and wifi calling notifications
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KENASH20, staying connected is certainly important. We want to be a part of the solution. To ensure we are aligned, I do have a couple questions. What make/model phone do you have? Can you please further detail what issue you are experiencing?

Jaime_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TumblewdFam

Actually this isn't the "correct answer" -- not everyone lives where their phone number is based. It won't do any good for me to put in a KS address or even our current one (we are military) for 911 purposes.

0 Likes
TumblewdFam

Thank you! That actually worked!

0 Likes
loudelephant

WHY Verizon??!? This is the most annoying problem. Learn to test your updates before you push them!!!!!!!!!

I called tech support to try to fix the problem and they had my reset my network settings, which is super annoying because now i have re enter all of the wifi passwords for networks that i use. that didn't work. Next they wanted me to reset all the settings on my phone. I refused because that would be such a hassle. Your tech support is useless.

I was finally able to get the notifications to stop with the help of the USERS in this forum.

I am going to look into switching carriers, it seems like every time I get a system update on my phone, it has issues. Verizon can't handle the problems they create, but they certainly love taking my money.

0 Likes
loudelephant

This is what solved it for me. I think the key was changing the notification to something like "no visual/sound"

0 Likes
Teevo42
Enthusiast - Level 2

@loudelephant That was only a temporary fix for me. It came back after a while.

0 Likes
Teevo42
Enthusiast - Level 2

The following guidance from crzydiamond WORKED for me. I did not have to activate wifi calling nor enter a 911 address. Its been two days and it has not reappeared. Seems all good! (huge thanks!) Hope this helps others too.

-----------------------------------

"I HAVE A FIX FOR IT!!
I spoke with Verizon for an hour, they ended up transferring me to Samsung, who almost immediately said that it was a Verizon issue.  I explained to them that it isn't, because it is still part of security until the TOS is checked and the address entered, then it becomes a usable app.
So, here is what you do: 
1. Go to Settings/Apps/Show system apps...
2. Scroll down to Wi-Fi Calling, tap it.
3. Tap Storage
4. Tap Clear Data, then delete, then back previous screen

5. Tap Force Stop

That will remove the notification.  This was just about 20 minutes ago, so I haven't had time to see it if comes back again, but if it does I will post here."

0 Likes
loudelephant

Bummer. I'm going crazy if it comes back. This whole thing is infuriating.

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes