Re: s8  and wifi calling notifications
thanatos1311

I do not want wifi calling. Not interested in VOIP on my phone. When calling emergency services a cell phone is automatically connected to the emergency services network, If I cannot reach that, I can guarantee I have no wifi available. I do not want wifi calling on my phone at all. Not for calling emergency services or any reason. Wifi calling at all should be an option, not forced bloatware. I want an answer short of rooting my otherwise perfectly good phone to get rid of this garbage.

0 Likes
Re: s8 and wifi calling notifications
thanatos1311

I think the best way to address this for all concerned is to activate the ability to disable wifi calling entirely. I can shut of permissions, deny it notification badges. This is not a fix though as there went more of my storage, and it still uses processing power. The disable function is not available for this app. Turn it on, so we can disable this PLEASE.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Eventually the only option you will have is VoLTE or Wi-Fi calling whenever the 1xRTT network is shutdown and the frequencies repurposed for the LTE network.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TDSchulkers, it's essential that we solve your WiFi Calling issues. Please tell me more about what you're currently experiencing. Have you tried entering your address again? If so, what happens when you do?

Joel_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TODSCH32
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have entered my address 20 times a day since June 22nd.  Every 3 to minutes it turns off the wifi calling and notifies me to enter my address again...this just continues day after day.

0 Likes
GKB1688
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same here,  exact same thing - everything just turned up side down since June 22. No wifi calling where I work.  I am disconnected to my kids 9 hours a day while I am at work because I cannot receive nor make phone calls.  I am asked to turn off the wifi calling and enter my address uncountable times a day and yet,  still no wifi calling capability.  However,  the people whom sit next to me have no problems because they have other wireless carriers.  This is so frustrsting that I am measuring whether switching carrier is my only way out.

0 Likes
thanatos1311

TD, if nothing else I can walk you through getting rid of notification. Still not a fix, but better than nothing until they allow us to disable this system app. If you go to settings>apps>three dot menu button at top right>show system apps and then scroll to wifi calling. Force stop the app, delete data, deny it notification badges, deny it permission to change system settings(it has this one permission so if can turn itself back on by default). By doing all this I finally got rid of the notification, though it still takes storage space and processor time

0 Likes
TODSCH32
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks.

0 Likes
thanatos1311

No problem, it worked for me. Key thing was revoking the permission so it couldn't turn itself back in (pretty shady right, not just me?). No other service compares to Verizon locally so I really can't switch, and short of rooting my phone or having the option to disable it, this appears the only solution to those who don't want the service to begin with.

If you actually want the feature I gather the process is similar. Instead of turning off notifications and disabling permissions in the system app, leave the notifications on and enable every permission.  apparently the advanced calling setup parent feature fails to properly set the permissions, triggering reactivation of the notification.

0 Likes
TODSCH32
Enthusiast - Level 3

I really need this to work . I sit next to my wife with the exact same phone, exact same settings except she has AT & T and hers works. This is a work phone and I agree about Veruzon service is much better other than this issue.