Re: s8 and wifi calling notifications
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm glad to hear that crzydiamond solution worked for the notifications, m54b25. However, we do want you to be able to use the Wi-Fi calling feature. I have sent you a private message so we can dive deeper into this. You can check your inbox here: http://spr.ly/6588DmeUO

Ryan_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
crzydiamond
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don't know why you're so interested in what apps I use, but it's frankly none of your business.  Literally.  My phone is my phone.  You already control enough of what goes on with it, I don't need Verizon in my phone any more than is absolutely necessary.  Most days I'm tempted to just shut off service and make it a glorified iPod.  it would save me $100 a month.

hb546

THANK YOU!!! 10000% agree on your thoughts here and appreciate a solution to opt out, not the opt in stuff they're pushing. anyone else see this as their solution to the supreme court ruling you need a warrant to tap someone's cell phone? not doing anything illegal but also not waiving my rights here. Verizon is getting awful anymore w this stuff. disappointed my UNLIMITED plan is about to be forced back to a cap for the same price. about to report this to the FTC for consumerprotection. .

​Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
WxGeoff

natcatcat I feel like this only masks the issue. It's not just the notification...Wi-Fi calling ACTUALLY keeps turning off.

0 Likes
WxGeoff

nspitz​ I thought you were onto it but this did not work, even after a restart Smiley Sad Any other ideas?

0 Likes
Re: s8  and wifi calling notifications
KENASH20
Enthusiast - Level 2

Customer support chat was not helpful.  All they want to do is take control of the phone.  I'm tired of that being the solution for every tech support.   I want to do it myself, tell me how to fix it or send me to someone who can.

0 Likes
TEK2974

NSPITZ was actually on the right track.  Seems the wifi calling app didn't inherit the permissions from the advanced calling app like it's supposed to.  So:

Settings

APPS

3 Dots --> Show System Apps

Advanced Calling --> Turn on Permissions

Wifi Calling --> Turn on Permissions

Reboot Phone

Profit

0 Likes
Teevo42
Enthusiast - Level 2

@crzydiamond I followed your steps, it seems to have removed the notification icon at the top as well as the line item one if I swipe down. I'm *hoping* it stays this way, will let everyone know if it comes back.

And I 100% agree with your comment about our phones are our phones, and theres no reason for them to try and force any of this on us. This is ridiculous, and if it continues or gets worse, I will switch to apple. Period. Thats not a threat, thats a promise.

Some people use wifi calling, some dont - MAKE IT AN OPTION AND CALL IT A DAY. DONE! This is not rocket science.

JOSNIC71
Enthusiast - Level 1

I think it's total garbage between Verizon & Samsung  you guys feel the need to try to force us to "give" you our emergency address to opt out of a service customers clearly DO NOT WANT!  The only way to turn it off is to first opt in, provide an address AND THEN turn it off. terrible! Hopefully folks are smart enough to give fake addresses because you can find me at

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
Re: s8  and wifi calling notifications
TODSCH32
Enthusiast - Level 3

Please help. I am an emergency manager and rely on Wi-Fi calling.  I am very tech savvy and know how Wi-Fi calling works.  Since the update, Wi-Fi calling keeps turning off at my home and ask for address every 3 to 4 minutes even though I haven't changed address/locations.  I have very sporadic service at my home with only a half bar every once in a while.  I have turned the sound off which was annoying, however, I still need to receive Wi-Fi calling all the time without turning airplane mode on.  Please help.  Thanks, Todd

0 Likes