s5 ordered yesterday!! Can I send back for s6 preorder?
MizJerdn

Ordered s5 yesterday due to my old phone finally dying.  I see the s6 this morning on preorder for the exact same price.  Will Verizon take my s5 back and let me preorder the s6 now? 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: s5 ordered yesterday!! Can I send back for s6 preorder?
jrwraz
Enthusiast - Level 2

You can return the S5 within the first 14 days, and you would be refunded what you paid minus the restocking fee, and your upgrade eligibility would be returned to your line. However, since you must return the S5 now, you would need to reactivate your old phone or use an alternate phone until you get the S6. Since only are allowed one return/exchange under the WFG (worry free guarantee), I would recommend just completely returning the S5, and then placing a brand new order for the S6 once it is actually available.

Also, even if the order has shipped, CS may be able to submit a ticket requesting a recall of shipment from the carrier. If the carrier honors the request, it would completely cancel the order, meaning you would not be charged the restocking fee.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

If it hasn't shipped yet you can cancel the order. Or when the package arrives refuse it so it can be sent back. I'm not sure if you would still be charged the restocking fee though. Just try calling CS to see what your options are.

0 Likes
jrwraz
Enthusiast - Level 2

You can return the S5 within the first 14 days, and you would be refunded what you paid minus the restocking fee, and your upgrade eligibility would be returned to your line. However, since you must return the S5 now, you would need to reactivate your old phone or use an alternate phone until you get the S6. Since only are allowed one return/exchange under the WFG (worry free guarantee), I would recommend just completely returning the S5, and then placing a brand new order for the S6 once it is actually available.

Also, even if the order has shipped, CS may be able to submit a ticket requesting a recall of shipment from the carrier. If the carrier honors the request, it would completely cancel the order, meaning you would not be charged the restocking fee.

0 Likes