s5 can't get 4G and 70 percent of my texts fail
jase96

Ok just got galaxy s5 four days ago. For first couple of hours I had 4G and good service. (Texts ect.) Ever since then has 3g and fails a lot of texts. So far from reading the mass of other posts with this same issue I've tried. Changing settings from global to lte/CDMA and restarting phone. Checking and removing/reinstalling sim. Removing from Otterbox case. Help! Also some message comes up saying some service has failed every time I restart

0 Likes
Re: s5 can't get 4G and 70 percent of my texts fail
Android_Optimizer
Contributor - Level 2

What apps have you installed in that time, and what services (if any) did you opt into during that time between the good service and the time you started having problems?

0 Likes
jase96

I think candy crush was it. And no services

0 Likes
jase96

Come to think I'm assuming I remember seeing 4G maybe I didn't ever have it since purchasing phone at walmart

0 Likes
jase96

Can I get a little help with this please

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Help is here Jase96. I know this issue is frustrating but we will do our best to get it resolved. Whats your zipcode? Are your issues with messaging inside or outside? Are you using a 3rd party messaging application or the stock app on the phone?

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
spning001

I'm having the same problem with not getting 4G.  I only bought this phone 5 days ago.  I didn't even look to see if it had 4G when i walked out of the verizon store.  I noticed that I had 3G 3 days ago and never saw 4G on it ever since.  My zip code is 22191, but I've been all the way down to to Tampa, FL.  I've tried using it inside and outside, tried restarting the phone, removing SIMS and putting it back in,  and switching to airplane mode and back.  I've had my phone next to a Verizon iPhone 5 that received a strong 4G signal while mine is showing 3 bars on 3G.  This is ridiculous for a brand new phone.

My network setting is also on LTE/CDMA.

0 Likes
jase96

Zip is 43130 and 45601. I've never had a problem at work in 45601 till this phone ever so I know the location is not the cause. Only variable that changed was new phone. And no third party texting apps. the texting problem can occur inside or outside and always with full bars to slightly less.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the information and I'm truly sorry about your phone issues spning001. I know its frustrating to have messaging problems and signal issues. Did you purchase your phone online, at a store, or via customer service? What device did you have previously and did you have a issues with that device? We can try a SIM card replacement and a hard reset.

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I show excellent service in your areas jase96. Have you performed a hard reset on your phone yet? We can also try a SIM card replacement, phone replacement, and trouble-ticket.

KinquanaH_VZw

0 Likes