restart left black and whitel screen in french
bayjerry
Enthusiast - Level 2

seems most contacts lost along with data in download folder

0 Likes
Re: restart left black and whitel screen in french
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for contacting us via this community forum. We want to make sure we understand what is going on. What kind of phone do you have? Were you able to fully restart your device? Is this still continuing? Were you able to recover any of the lost data?

JavierMD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
bayjerry
Enthusiast - Level 2

We have not been able to recover any data.  I have read a few apps that were deleted.

I cannot install s health it says my fine is not compatible.

Galaxy S8+.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bayjerry, thank you so much for the response back. My goal is to make sure your Galaxy S8+ is working the way it should. When you state that the phone did a restart, did it do a complete factory reset? Or did the phone just power off and back on? Please provide me with a bit more details as to what happened when the phone restarted? 

KevinR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
bayjerry
Enthusiast - Level 2

It did not do a factory reset.  We lost about half our contacts, all of apps on home screen and all pictures, docs and music.

When we bought this I was told our phone was set to auto backup and restore.  In fact, the settings showed that but none of the data came back.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to have all your information be protected, bayjerry. What did you view in your phone that showed it was setup for an auto backup: in the Accounts section of your Settings or were you using Verizon Cloud?

Have you checked with Google if your information was saved with them? https://www.google.com/drive/

Steven_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes