rapid battery drain
sheetsr

All of a sudden my battery is draining approx 10% per hour when I am not even using the phone.  I have not added any new aps and always close all aps when I stop using the phone but it is stilling draining. I have removed any ap that I don't use and there are only a few remaining. I have gone through settings to check the battery usage and am finding very little except system resources. What else can I look at?  I have run Clean Master and it says no apps are running that would drain the battery. I use the phone very little but want to be able to when I want but as it is I cannot make it through the day without it completely draining the battery when I am not even using the phone.  What can I do?  The phone is only about 3 months old.

0 Likes
Re: rapid battery drain
Deb59
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same issue and charge the phone at least 3 times a day. Probably a bad phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sheetsr, we want you to get the most out of the battery life on your device. Which make/model phone do you have? Have you downloaded applications to it? When did this battery draining issue start?

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
DARJ,

It is alarming to see you have been having this issue with your device. It is crucial now a days to have a reliable phone. How long has it been draining quickly? Did anything update before this began: any software updates, new apps downloaded, or does your phone auto update apps?

ChristineJ_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sheetsr

Hello,

My phone is the Samsung S6.

I have not installed any new apps but I automatic update is enabled.

Thanks,

<https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail>

This

email has been sent from a virus-free computer protected by Avast.

www.avast.com

<https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail>

<#DDB4FAA8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

On Sat, Jan 9, 2016 at 1:12 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
sheetsr

The phone is a Samsung S6 and the problem started about 2 weeks ago. I had

not installed any new apps but automatic upgrades are set.

This

email has been sent from a virus-free computer protected by Avast.

www.avast.com

<#DDB4FAA8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

On Sat, Jan 9, 2016 at 1:12 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
ScottW427

I had the same thing start happening to my S6 after the last security patch.  It also killed the task killer I was using.  I think that's the biggest drain, is not having a program to check and kill unwanted apps.  I've tried different task killers since then and they all will not show any applications on their lists of apps to kill.  The strange thing is the apps sill work on my girlfriends T-Mobile S6.  I've also started to see the pop up message about application memory low all the time.  The phone has become very unstable to use, applications running slow and crashing.  I thought my personal S5 was bad but its running better than this S6 work cell.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Sheetsr,

Thanks for the additional details, this information is helpful in ensuring the proper resolution. We know having a great battery life is vital per you need your phone at all times. We can help locate your missing charge. I have sent you a Direct Message, please respond back to the Direct Message.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW

0 Likes
kevlar119119
Enthusiast - Level 2

Contact Samsung Support -they will repair - I have the same issue on two Edges.  First one just got replaced by the monthly warranty, but this "new" phone will not connect to 4G, so it will probably be going back too.

0 Likes