""No Internet Connectivity" error message when trying to access Cloud" Part Deux (with a twist)
OscarNelsen
Contributor - Level 1

Samsung S5 with Update G900VVRU2BOG5

Same story as markusdark September, 2014.  WiFi working (Link Speed 117Mbps), sitting 2 feet from the router, but cannot get the Cloud to connect "No Internet Connectivity".  Shut off WiFi and Cloud connects via mobile network giving full Cloud access, but after about 30 seconds of connection to the Cloud "Sorry, we can't connect to the Cloud service at this time.  Please make sure you have a data connection and try again".   Our other phone, the primary, has Cloud access with no problems.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: ""No Internet Connectivity" error message when trying to access Cloud" Part Deux (with a twist)
OscarNelsen
Contributor - Level 1

Went to that Verizon store and problem immediately reproduced.  Rep there checked my updates and I was only missing 37!!!  For some reason, even though my phone was set to auto update, it had not.  Downloaded the Cloud update v15.4.22.2 and all is well and working in a proppa manna.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: ""No Internet Connectivity" error message when trying to access Cloud" Part Deux (with a twist)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, OscarNelsen.
We want to get to the bottom of this issues you are having with the Verizon Cloud.
When you access the Cloud online, do you still see your content there?
Is the Cloud app up to date?
Have you been able to clear the cache for the app http://vz.to/13JmFX8 and try again?

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
OscarNelsen
Contributor - Level 1

Cloud access online is fine.  All contacts available and if I edit or add a contact online, the change appears in the Contacts on the phone a few seconds later without a manual sync.

Version 14.2.44

The Cloud app, like all but 2 apps, do not show on my Applications page as mine is the secondary phone.  I did clear all cached data on the Storage page.

As of right now, I can stay in the cloud once I get there, but I still cannot get there if my WiFi is on.  I forgot to note how much data was in the cache, but compared to the average user I'm sure it was very small; there is nothing in my cloud other than about 240 contacts.  I wouldn't think clearing it had any affect on the Cloud app, but this phone defies logic.  Way too soon to say clearing fixed one of the problems and definitely not the WiFi aspect.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you taking the time to complete those steps for me, OscarNelsen. Have you had the opportunity to try the Cloud app on a different WiFi network?
I only ask because I don’t have any other reports regarding Cloud and WiFi.
I’d like to gather as much information at possible so I can report it back to the software team for further investigation if needed.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
OscarNelsen
Contributor - Level 1

I thought of trying a different network last night and figured the best place to do that would be at the corporate Verizon store at 3401 W Frye, Chandler, AZ.  The wife's primary phone has no problems with our home WiFi, just mine.

Is there a way of telling the phone is on WiFi or the mobile network when I am on the web, e.g. in Chrome?

0 Likes
OscarNelsen
Contributor - Level 1

Went to that Verizon store and problem immediately reproduced.  Rep there checked my updates and I was only missing 37!!!  For some reason, even though my phone was set to auto update, it had not.  Downloaded the Cloud update v15.4.22.2 and all is well and working in a proppa manna.

0 Likes