"Sign-in Failed" Message For Email
MTRFinancial

I've had my S III for about three months now and never had any issues with my business email account until recently.  A few weeks ago - and without me playing around with Settings - I got a "Sign-in Failed" message when I tried to send an email.  For a short while I could receive emails but just not send them.  Then it went to no sending or receiving.  The next day out of the blue everything was back to normal and I could send/receive with no issues - and, again, without me touching any of the settings.  Yesterday it started doing the same thing.  Took it in to a VZ store and the guy suggested I delete the account and set it back up.  Since I never messed with the settings in the first place, I don't see how this would fix the issue.

Anyone have/had similar issues?

0 Likes
Re: "Sign-in Failed" Message For Email
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are similar issues reported across several phones; you can search this forum for other threads.

Workarounds include deleting the e-mail account and setting it back up under 'Other', using an application from Google Play such as K-9 Mail, or using the appropriate e-mail client app, if available from Google Play (such as Yahoo Mail).

0 Likes
Re: "Sign-in Failed" Message For Email
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey MTRFinancial, I know how important it is to stay connected to the office when you are out and I absolutely want to make sure that we get your work e-mail up and running.

I know that you haven't messed around with any of the settings, but sometimes something within the e-mail can be corrupted and the easiest way to fix that is to remove the e-mail and re-add it, so I would ask that you try that before we look into anything else.

Let us know if the issue persists after you re-add the e-mail.

Also, you could try what tikibar1 recommended, I have heard of some third party apps working out great for some customers.

NickB_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes