"Location Found" Question
Philly_Jen
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have more problems than functionality from my Samsung S6 but I'd like to clean up some of the things that are really big annoyances, since I have another 600+ days with this thing.

I need to keep High Accuracy GPS Location on because I use Waze and other functions that require high accuracy often.

But keeping High Accuracy on means that every few minutes the phone issues a notification that says "Location Found."

I mean, I'm okay with my location being found. But do you have to tell me once every five seconds?

Does anyone have a solution to this issue? It's just one of 6,258 things that make this thing the most annoying piece of technology in my life.

TIA for any ideas!

0 Likes
Re: "Location Found" Question
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try going to your Settings, then Sound & Notifications, then App Notifications.  Find the apps that may be using Location, and turn off the notifications for that app, or hide them from the lock screen - you can customize the notifications you receive and how they are displayed for each app.

0 Likes
Philly_Jen
Enthusiast - Level 2

That actually isn't the solution to the issue. It isn't the app that throws the notification, it's the location services software inside the phone. I have zero notifications for zero apps and I still get the notification every minute of the day because the phone is using high accuracy to determine my location.

I'm looking for a way to disassociate that "location found" notification from the high accuracy GPS locator.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have an S6 and location is set to High Accuracy - and I'm NOT getting location notifications all the time, and that's why I suggested it was an app rather than the location services.  Under location, check the Recent location requests; maybe that will help narrow down the culprit? 

0 Likes
Philly_Jen
Enthusiast - Level 2

Okay! Thank you! I see what you're saying. It looks like Google Play and Verizon Location Agent are the only two recent location requests.

Verizon Location Agent doesn't show up as an app under Settings>App Notifications so that it can be disabled. VZ Navigator already has notifications blocked. Google Play already has all notifications blocked. VZ Location Agent also doesn't look like a thing that should be disabled - it provides apps with the location they need to function.

Still at a loss but it was worth a shot! Thanks!

0 Likes
DLewis9
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think you can also click (or click and hold) on that location found message and it will tell you what is using location services the most...I narrowed my issue down to an app that always says "high" usage, when it's running in background.  I just have to force stop that app after I use it.

0 Likes
Philly_Jen
Enthusiast - Level 2

Clicking-and-hold didn't do anything but upgrading to marshmallow did! I haven't seen this notification since last night when the OS upgrade installed.

While about six of my problems were resolved, a bunch of new ones appeared. But all of those are for another day.

Thanks all!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Philly_Jen, we are glad to hear that the software update has improved things for your phone. Please know that we are always just a click away at http://spr.ly/6587BcoP5.
LorenB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

A bunch of new issues has us worried. What is going on since the update, Philly_Jen?

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Philly_Jen
Enthusiast - Level 2

The "Location Found" notification is, actually, still there. I have since resolved the other issues following the update.

If anyone has any ideas on how to remove the "Location Found" notification that pops up periodically because high accuracy is turned on, I would gladly accept the ideas! Smiley Happy

0 Likes