question following upgrade
magmam

I upgraded my phone last night after being notified of upgrade. I now am unable to text unless i go through my phone contacts. Previously I could start typing a name and it would come up on text messaging.  that is no longer happening. How to fix?

0 Likes
Re: question following upgrade
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried rebooting the phone? That seems to help the others in the couple of other discussions on the same topic in this community forum.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: question following upgrade
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

magmam,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with your text messaging. When you type the name in the text name finder what happens? Does it allow you to only scroll through the contacts alphabetically instead of based on the first letter you typed in? I would suggest doing a power cycle on the phone. I have also seen hard resets working for this, but we would want you to try the other steps before this. Try turning phone on and off and running phone in safe mode http://vz.to/174rolb. Keep us updated on this.

Thank you,

TonyG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes