power on and off by itself
beetlebud2006

My phone has randomly started shutting down by itself and then powers back up. Before everything resets, it shuts back down again. I barely have enough time to power it down by myself so it does not continue to do this. I do not have a sd card in it, but I did take the sim card out and put it back in, I have also tried restarting it in safe mode, but it continues to do it. I have turned it off and left it off for about an hour and it is still doing it. What else can I try?!

0 Likes
Re: power on and off by itself
felsa
Enthusiast - Level 3

I would recommend taking the time to call customer care, and technical support. Phones resetting automatically happens often, and usually is a manufacture issue. However things such as viruses, which are much easier to come by on an open market app system. There are many options depending on what happened to your phone, but in order to narrow down the issue and get a solution, tier one and tier two technical support are going to be your best option.

Remember, to call in on a device other than the one you're calling about. Also remember that tech support is open every day, even holidays.

0 Likes
CHAMAG30

Having the same thing happened , talked to customer care ,ordered new (refurbished replacement) and have same problem with replacement S7.   Recycles on and off and never quite loads all the icons and cloud data.   It is very frustrating and no one at the Verizon stores have seen this happen, but glad to know we are not the only ones with this issue.

0 Likes
katrinan_vzw
Verizon Employee
Thanks everyone for those suggestions.
@beetlebud2006

Having a phone that powers on and off constantly can be frustrating. Let's get this looked into quickly. When did this begin? Does the device have any physical or liquid damage? Are you able to use your touchscreen and other buttons on the device?

0 Likes