picasa popup
OscarNelsen
Contributor - Level 1

Since about a week ago, when I turn my phone on along with the usual popups like 'Connected to "Yadda Yadda" ' wifi, I am getting a "Sign-in Request" for Picasa for permission to allow the app to use my info.  I never downloaded Picasa and can't find it on my phone.  Selecting 'Deny' doesn't seem to do what I want, that is deny for eternity.

How do I stop this very annoying request for access to my info from Picasa from being displayed when I turn on my Phone?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: picasa popup
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for your troubleshooting efforts Oscar. We’re committed to resolve this application issue. Since Picasa is not listed in the ALL applications tab, this popup may be associated with another application. Please run your phone in Safe Mode http://spr.ly/6586BTaUs for a few hours and see if the popup continues. If this behavior is not duplicated while in Safe Mode, then the culprit is a third party application for sure.
If this is the case, you must identify and delete that third party application from your phone. There is no way to isolate and identify the bad application, and you will have to remove all apps and install one at time and testing for a few hours between installs to identify and delete the bad application.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am a consumer also, and I can truly understand your discontent with unwanted applications pop ups Oscar. You can remove this application if you open the Play Store, then tap on settings, then my apps & games. You should be able to find the application by scrolling down, then select it and uninstall.

AntonioC_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
OscarNelsen
Contributor - Level 1

As I said, "I never downloaded Picasa and can't find it on my phone."

What should I be looking for if Picasa does not exist on my phone?

0 Likes
OscarNelsen
Contributor - Level 1

I goto Application Manager>ALL, and no Picasa.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for your troubleshooting efforts Oscar. We’re committed to resolve this application issue. Since Picasa is not listed in the ALL applications tab, this popup may be associated with another application. Please run your phone in Safe Mode http://spr.ly/6586BTaUs for a few hours and see if the popup continues. If this behavior is not duplicated while in Safe Mode, then the culprit is a third party application for sure.
If this is the case, you must identify and delete that third party application from your phone. There is no way to isolate and identify the bad application, and you will have to remove all apps and install one at time and testing for a few hours between installs to identify and delete the bad application.

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
OscarNelsen
Contributor - Level 1

Going in & out of Safe Mode appears to have fixed the problem, but it is still [Removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service].  Now, a little foot with an even smaller running figure pops up.  I have no idea what this is.  Because of its small size, it is not nearly as annoying as the Picasa popup, but I hate not being in total control.

All of this is resident as I have yet to download ANY app.  Picasa is part of Google I presume, is the little running foot another Google app?

Should I take the time to go through All Applications and delete anything & everything I don't care for?  That is a long list as there are tons of apps that came with the phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sounds like the issue it is a third party application conflict, Oscar. After checking my resources, I am not able to identify any particular application with the little running foot description in your post. I know that we some times accumulate a long list of applications, and the easiest way to remove all and start from fresh is to do a factory reset. Please visit this link http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-99541/ and consider that option so that you can then install your apps one by one and test between installs. It very important to disable Automatic Restore as per this link http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-98103/ when doing a factory reset to prevent automatic installs of third applications.

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
Not applicable

Picasa is a feature with Gmail. Go to settings under Gmail and unclick Picasa. I had the same issue when I upgraded my phone and it took me some time to figure out why that was happening.

0 Likes
OscarNelsen
Contributor - Level 1

I went to GMail>Settings>General Settings and did not see Picasa, but it has disappeared with the Safe Mode suggestion above.  Thanks for the input.  I will use this if Picasa reappears or some other anomaly.

0 Likes
OscarNelsen
Contributor - Level 1

Right now, our 2 phones do not sync with the cloud I access from my computer.  That problem has been in resolution for over a week and is now with a 3rd party repair team [Removal of personal information required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]. I do not want to take any drastic reboot measure at this time.  Anyway, since I have added no apps myself, a reboot may just put everything I have back in the phone, not that that may not fix the problem.  Little feet I can live with.  Once my dual duplicate cloud problem is fixed, I may try that.

0 Likes