photos disappear?
sue3546

why do my photos disappear from my images app....this has happened several times.  The photos are ones that I have downloaded from email, not ones taken with the phone camera.   Any help or suggestions?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: photos disappear?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for these additional details sue3546. Do you recall any possible updates before this issues started occurring? Either to your Gmail, photo/camera apps, or your phone's operating system as this is not a typical issue. Try also going to Settings > Apps > All > Gallery > and clearing the Cache and Data. See if this helps remove any corrupt file in the gallery's programming. If it continues to occur, let us know, as a master reset may be necessary.

Thank you sue3546, and Ann154, for assisting! May you both have a great day!

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You are not deleting them from the Download folder or have any applications automatically deleting them?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
sue3546

No, not doing anything, they just disappear!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry your photos are disappearing sue3546. I know how important photos are. Are you using a third party picture application? If so, please disable the application temporarily and readd it back to your phone? Keep us posted.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
sue3546

No, I use nothing other than the gallery on my phone....this is just weird

On Jan 19, 2014 11:35 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
sue3546

Another thing that it's weird and it may be a gmail issue, is photos are

emailed to me from me with one photo each from my gallery. Of course I

didn't do this to myself! Last week I had 20 emails, each with one photo

from my gallery all come in at the same time...bogged my phone down forever

while they came in.....this has happened several times, but never to this

magnitude. Irritating!!!!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sue3546, this is definitely strange. Did you notice if this has started recently? Have you tried removing your Gmail and re-adding it?

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for these additional details sue3546. Do you recall any possible updates before this issues started occurring? Either to your Gmail, photo/camera apps, or your phone's operating system as this is not a typical issue. Try also going to Settings > Apps > All > Gallery > and clearing the Cache and Data. See if this helps remove any corrupt file in the gallery's programming. If it continues to occur, let us know, as a master reset may be necessary.

Thank you sue3546, and Ann154, for assisting! May you both have a great day!

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
sue3546

This thing with gmail sending me photos from myself has happened in and among updates......for the last 6months. I can not find an all gallery in my application manager, so I have no idea what to do there ....?????

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes