phone won't stay charging
Rober136

Hi everyone!

So my Samsung  Galaxy s5 phone didn't want to charge in my car so I tried to restart it with battery being at 7% and now it will not try and stay charging. The charging battery shows up for a good 5-10 seconds and then phone shuts off again. It can turn on but once it hits the read screen with verizon, it dims then shuts off. Ive tried different cords, power devices, took the batter out and tried to soft reboot it but nothing has worked! It worked just fine all day for work today but I do recall this morning the phone saying I needed to find a different charger even after I had unplugged it.

Any suggestions as to what is going on/ what I can do to resolve this issue?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: phone won't stay charging
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

How old is the phone? It could be battery itself.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

charge the phone while it's off with the original charger.

other chargers fit but take way too long to charge & get the bat real hot.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rober136,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We certainly want to make sure that we address your concern promptly. I suggest that you try to charge the device all night with the device turned off, using the original charger. If that does not work, you may want to look into a replacement battery.

NicoleT_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes