phone suddenly shows wrong time
msmammypie
Enthusiast - Level 3

Today, after 10 months of relatively trouble free S4 usage, my phone decided to show Central Time instead of Mountain Time.  I found where others had this problem and I took out the SIM card and battery, restarted without WiFi, and it did not correct. I restarted in safe mode, and it did not correct. Finally, I put it in airplane mode and back to normal, so it is working again for the moment.  I rely on my phone for my alarm clock and I can't have it switching to the wrong time whenever it feels like it.  What the heck??  If others have this problem, it is a software issue and it needs to be corrected.  Thoughts anyone?

0 Likes
Re: phone suddenly shows wrong time
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get the correct time for you, msmammypie! Please turn off your automatic time. Settings>Date and Time and uncheck Automatic Time Zone. You can set the time that way.

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
msmammypie
Enthusiast - Level 3

Before I ever posted anything here, I looked at all the previous discussions on this matter, and I googled the problem.  I did all of the things I mentioned above.  Nothing worked, until I put the phone in airplane mode and took it out again.  That corrected the time for now, but I am not confident that this issue won't happen again.

As for turning off the "automatic time," all I can say is "duh....."  I could have done that myself, but it makes no sense!!  When I travel, I need the time to change according to the time zones, and my clock needs to be setting the correct time off the satellite.  What would be the point of having "automatic time" and turning it off???? 

Based on the number of comments I found on this issue, there is clearly something wrong with the software or the phone, and it is apparently a widespread problem which Verizon needs to promptly correct.  Especially now that the company has been put on notice of this defect, if I miss an important appointment because the time on my phone unilaterally changes again, there will be legal action taken.

0 Likes
msmammypie
Enthusiast - Level 3

And here's a thought.  Maybe we should be allowed to delete some of the stupid bloatware applications that come preinstalled on the phone - that might help prevent some of these issues...

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can't remove the pre-installed apps, but you can disable them.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes