phone does not switch to 4g data when no wifi available
ljersey
Contributor - Level 1

Noticed this happens in morning that when i lose wifi the phone does not switch to 4g or any data, instead there is message no internet connected at top of screen.  I do have data enabled this happens a couple of times a week in morning when i leave house where i have wifi.

I also have had problems with phone where if i call or someone calls me as soon as call connects it drops.  I just got phone in November as did my husband this is the S7.  My daughter also has s7 on my account which she got beginning of December.  I am only one with the problems.

Went into verizon store to have them check phone they changed sim and said problem might be the advanced calling, wouldn't the other 2 phones on account have same problem then?

Today was home on wifi went out as soon as wifi dropped i had no internet.  I have to turn off wifi and restart phone then i have 4g or data.

I really want my phone to work without having to send in for exchange as there is no guarantee that I will receive brand new phone in exchange.

Please someone help me.

Thank you

Laurie

0 Likes
Re: phone does not switch to 4g data when no wifi available
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ljersey,

We want to make sure you have a device that is functioning properly. Let's work together to resolve. Has this been happening since you got the phone? If you don't have WiFi on does the LTE drop out when you get home?

DerekR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Re: phone does not switch to 4g data when no wifi available
bearone21
Legend

have you selected the smart switch in wi-fi settings so it automatically switches from verizon to wi-fi??

0 Likes