payed for phone account owner fraudulently reported it stolen
ithinkigotshafted4046

ok so long story short im on my uncles plan I paid for the phone at the store and have the receipt for it, now because i wouldn't give him the phone that i paid cash for hes suspended my service and it appears my phone is now blacklisted what am i supposed to do about this? am I just out the money and now the proud owner of a brick for all practical purposes? certainly there is something that can be done isn't there especially if he fraudulently reported it as stolen isn't there? please advise

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: payed for phone account owner fraudulently reported it stolen
deloused
Master - Level 3

Sue your uncle in small claims court for the cost of the phone 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ithinkigotshafted4046, I am sorry to learn of the predicament that you are in. When you add a line to someone else's account, the risk is that something like this can occur, unfortunately. We certainly understand wanting to use your phone, especially since you paid for it; since your uncle is the owner of the account, he would be the only one to remove it from the lost/stolen list (if he reported it) and unsuspend your line. If you can get him to do that, you can look into moving the line of service to your name, so this won't happen in the future. Here is a link to our transfer your service FAQ page for more information https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/transfer-your-service-faqs/

TionnaB_VZW

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

@ithinkigotshafted4046 wrote:

ok so long story short im on my uncles plan I paid for the phone at the store and have the receipt for it, now because i wouldn't give him the phone that i paid cash for hes suspended my service and it appears my phone is now blacklisted what am i supposed to do about this? am I just out the money and now the proud owner of a brick for all practical purposes? certainly there is something that can be done isn't there especially if he fraudulently reported it as stolen isn't there? please advise

Did you pay your part of the bill too?   

0 Likes