notification sounds keep reverting back to default Verizon tones
WMH3

This started for me when I installed Nougat.  Just my ringtone would revert back to VZW Airwaves after a couple of hours and Wifi calling wasn't working.  No fix available, so they shipped me a refurbished phone.  I set it up and never installed new update (left it on 6.0.1).  NOW RINGTONE AND NOTIFICATIONS SOUNDS REVERT BACK TO VERIZON DEFAULTS!!!  What's going on?  I've had the S7 for nearly a year and never had this problem.

0 Likes
Re: notification sounds keep reverting back to default Verizon tones
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are your ringtones stored in the internal memory space under the ringtones folder?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
WMH3

Yes, I have owned android phones since og droid.  Always place personal ringtones in internal folder.

The funny thing is that I have a dozen or so ringtones assigned to contacts and they stick, it's just default ringtone that goes to Verizon ringtone.

I have and use two gmail accounts on phone, one keeps it's notification sound I assign and other is reverting back to Verizon

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Well, that is odd. I'm out of ideas.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

WMH3, we're to help with your ringtone concerns. What do you find for the default ringtone when you manage it online? http://spr.ly/65838dEM7 Have you updated to the latest software at this time and tested? Are you using a 3rd party app to manage your ringtones?

JoelR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Since when can one manage the phone's ringtone online? The OP isn't asking about ringback tones. They are asking about the tones they hear from the phone when someone calls them.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

WMH3, having the tones that you know and love is something that we want for you. Are these tones that you downloaded from an app or are they tones that came installed on the phone? Have you found that you are still able to use the personalized tones for text messages?

LorenB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
DC111
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the exact same problem on my LG G5. I hate the default ringtone, but every time I change it it reverts back within a few hours. I'm not doing anything fancy, just trying to switch to one of the included ringtones. This problem may be enough to drive me away from Verizon altogether.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly don't want to lose you and I'm here help. How did you download the ringtone? What steps did you take to set the ringtone? Please tell me more.  AyaniB_VZW

0 Likes
staytigler

Did this ever get solved?

0 Likes