not getting texts!
kjmaher

I switched recently from the iPhone 4 to the samsung galaxy s4 and am not getting the majority of my texts…I have already deactivated my iPhone from my apple id…I even deleted my phone number from my apple id and it is still not working…someone help!!!!  This is a large part of my business and is costing me a lot of money.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: not getting texts!
Hawaiiboy58
Enthusiast - Level 2

I read about the problem you are having and found an article about someone that had the same problem and found a solution. Here are parts of what was written about this problem. I hope this can help you!

For the past month I've not been able to receive text messages from people I texted with when I had and iPhone 4.

I finally got the text issue fixed. I had to call Apple and open a case to get my number and certificate revoked on their server. Today I contacted Apple to try and delete my phone number from their system. They were able to revoke the certificate. It took 24 hours but I now receive text from iPhone users.

turning off iMessage. When I was at the store for the internet connection someone was trading in an iPhone. I warned them about turning off iMessage and they thanked me. The salesperson asked why they needed to do that, all they needed was turn off find my phone. I explained with IOS 7 the iMessage takes over from the regular text. It registers the phone number as an iPhone on Apple's server and all iPhones try to send the text to their server instead of a regular server. I'm happy to have text capability with my friends back.

I would of included the entire conversation but I'm not sure if you're supposed to do that.

It can also be done online at Deregister and Turn Off iMessage - Apple Support

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: not getting texts!
Hawaiiboy58
Enthusiast - Level 2

I read about the problem you are having and found an article about someone that had the same problem and found a solution. Here are parts of what was written about this problem. I hope this can help you!

For the past month I've not been able to receive text messages from people I texted with when I had and iPhone 4.

I finally got the text issue fixed. I had to call Apple and open a case to get my number and certificate revoked on their server. Today I contacted Apple to try and delete my phone number from their system. They were able to revoke the certificate. It took 24 hours but I now receive text from iPhone users.

turning off iMessage. When I was at the store for the internet connection someone was trading in an iPhone. I warned them about turning off iMessage and they thanked me. The salesperson asked why they needed to do that, all they needed was turn off find my phone. I explained with IOS 7 the iMessage takes over from the regular text. It registers the phone number as an iPhone on Apple's server and all iPhones try to send the text to their server instead of a regular server. I'm happy to have text capability with my friends back.

I would of included the entire conversation but I'm not sure if you're supposed to do that.

It can also be done online at Deregister and Turn Off iMessage - Apple Support

0 Likes