Re: not charging but get msg 'connected charger is incompatible with this phone...'?
Cooper011

My Galaxy 6 started doing this yesterday morning. I've been using different chargers with no problem for 6 months but mainly I use the charger that came with my phone. It had charged fine overnight, I got to work and the phone was just sitting on my desk (with no charger plugged in) and the warning came up. I spent  a good amount of time on the phone with Verizon checking settings, doing a soft reset, clearing network settings etc. Nothing worked. In the end they recommended a factory reset, which I did not do, or buy a new phone.  I got home and used my Samsung wireless charger and thankfully it worked, for a little while....I then plugged my charger cable directly to the phone and voila it seems to be working for now. I'm at 95% with no red x or warnings. Crossing fingers!!  oh Nevermind just got the warning as I am typing this!!! Samsung of Verizon please fix this problem!! 

0 Likes
Re: not charging but get msg 'connected charger is incompatible with this phone...'?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cooper001, a fully charged phone is definitely what we want for you. We understand that you have taken many of the troubleshooting steps to get to the bottom of this. Do you recall adding any recent apps, games or software? When you look at the charging port, do you see any damage, discoloration, or does it appear loose? If not, we truly will want to take that next step of the factory restore. The good news is, you can back your phone up to the Verizon Cloud or Samsung before taking this step. Details for the Verizon Cloud are available at https://www.verizonwireless.com/solutions-and-services/verizon-cloud/.  You may also use the Samsung back up at https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00060517/. Once completed, please let us know if this i...

LorenB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KSGerber
Contributor - Level 1

Just a guess. You said you dropped the phone in the grass, after that it had problems charging. Pehaps there is some tiny debris in the charging port that is making a poor connection so the phone does not recognize the charger. Perhaps getting a pipe cleaner and some denatured alcohol and gently cleaning the charging port might work. A tiny dirt or grass particle could be causing the problem.

0 Likes
PEGGINGTON1

The day I brought my brand new A21 Samsung phone home and inserted the charger that was in the same box as the phone, I got the "not charging" message and have been getting it everyday since.  So frustrating!!!   And I see lots of others having same problem, but I don't see any solutions!!  Please help!

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes